The Beatles: Get Back, on Disney+

MeloManiac

I'm currently watching episode one, and all the time, I was stunned in a positive way.

Then I started asking myself, what on earth is Yoko Ono doing there all the time... She's knitting, sewing, reading the newspaper, taking notes, never speaking at all...

No expression on her face. Not communicating with anyone, not even to John.

But then, one day, she's was absent.

And in her absence, a discussion arose between George and Paul, which never seemed to end...

Then she got back, and they started making music again...

Women!

I'm currently watching episode one, and all the time, I was stunned in a positive way.
Then I started asking myself, what on earth is Yoko Ono doing there all the time... She's knitting, sewing, reading the newspaper, taking notes, never speaking at all...
No expression on her face. Not communicating with anyone, not even to John.
But then, one day, she's was absent.
And in her absence, a discussion arose between George and Paul, which never seemed to end...
Then she got back, and they started making music again...
Women!

Living in rural NW Louisiana, I don’t have broadband internet. I do wish there will be a Blu Ra release of this as well as a release of “Let It Be” which is a more accurate story of this dark time in BEATles history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, DizRotus said:

She speaks and “sings” in episode 2.

Well, she 'sings' at the very end of episode 1 and the result is that George walks out and 'leaves the Beatles'... 

Of course, I suspect Peter Jackson is editing it like that on purpose... 

• 5 weeks later...
Well, she 'sings' at the very end of episode 1 and the result is that George walks out and 'leaves the Beatles'... 
Of course, I suspect Peter Jackson is editing it like that on purpose... 

I watched it at my Daughter’s home during Christmas. Entirely to long. You can get the gist of it by watching The BEATles Anthology and listening to CDII of Let It Be Naked.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tony Whitlow said:

I watched it at my Daughter’s home during Christmas. Entirely to long. You can get the gist of it by watching The BEATles Anthology and listening to CDII of Let It Be Naked.

I agree. Sleep inducing at times.

But I enjoyed watching their fashion, I mean  clothes, and the now retro gear, that was then state of the art. The sections in which they discussed and read the tabloids was an eye-opener too. 

And Billy Preston... What a great guy and talent! 

I agree. Sleep inducing at times.

But I enjoyed watching their fashion, I mean  clothes, and the now retro gear, that was then state of the art. The sections in which they discussed and read the tabloids was an eye-opener too. 
And Billy Preston... What a great guy and talent! 

Yeah it had bright segments. Some nice editing could have made it less boring and still told the story. Could have really been good for two, maybe three hours.

• Like 1

Like others have pointed out, this doc is too long. I got an hour into it and asked my wife if anything was going to happen, or are we going to be watching the Beatles smoke, drink, and tune their guitars for 8 more hours. 

I watched it on recommendation from a musician friend of mine who raved about it. I appreciate the Beatles and their music, and the impact they had on music, but I guess I just don’t need to watch how the sausage is made. For people like me, a much condensed version would have been great. I thought it was neat seeing the actual footage of the way everyone interacted, but my attention span ran out of steam a little early on. 

• Like 1

No it wasn't too long. It is amazing.

People like to blame Yoko but even according to Ringo George and Paul The Beatles were having issues before she showed up. Yoko was just a strong women John needed. The most touching part of their relationship was when John got shot and George and Paul showed up to help Yoko. Those are true friends and family.  I'm of the opinion The Beatles were underated. I have studied The Beatle throughout my life. They are the epitomy of a band as seperatley they were good but together they were unstopable. I'd like to see a fwe more of these studying each phase of their development. The most interesting would be their time in Germany where they became The Beatles.

• Like 1