Pictures of your vintage audio gear.

henry4841

• 2 weeks later...

Change of pace from all the high rent district stuff you lucky guys have been posting. A lowly Realistic receiver from back when they had good stuff made. (actually a MOSFET design). A snake oil salesman conned me into buying this. Dont regret it at all. It also heats the room up nicely on cold winter nights. @Woofers and TweetersFits in well in my manloft.

Realistic.thumb.jpg.894225e80e7f0b562d5c4651d9f5b8f8.jpg 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Change of pace from all the high rent district stuff you lucky guys have been posting. A lowly Realistic receiver from back when they had good stuff made. (actually a MOSFET design). A snake oil salesman conned me into buying this. Dont regret it at all. It also heats the room up nicely on cold winter nights. @Woofers and TweetersFits in well in my manloft.

😂

Glad it's keeping you warm. After paying for the gas because you conned me into bringing it to you, then, having me over a barrel, raking me across the coals on the price, my date and I were able to afford to share a breakfast sandwich. 

I will try to be there to buy it back, before next winter.

My largest regret of that trip is not buying Matthew's Cherry Chorus. 

1631805465_Screenshot_20220210-075605_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c8d5a147d651ae8b29f3f9de1c471ad8.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, henry4841 said:

From all that I have heard Realistic made some really good receivers back in the day. Enjoy. 

Rumor was they were made in the same factory 

Really is a nice unit. I might put a Pioneer sticker over the Realistic. (yes, I am that superficial) 

13 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

😂

Glad it's keeping you warm. After paying for the gas because you conned me into bringing it to you, then, having me over a barrel, raking me across the coals on the price, my date and I were able to afford to share a breakfast sandwich. 

I will try to be there to buy it back, before next winter.

My largest regret of that trip is not buying Matthew's Cherry Chorus. 

Word was you were in town visiting you daughter any way. All the cash was gravy. And you stole a license plate off our parking lot while there too.

I thinks @Shaun K ended up with those Chorus.

7 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Word was you were in town visiting you daughter any way. All the cash was gravy. And you stole a license plate off our parking lot while there too.

Stole? Lol

Your selective senility is showing. 

Actually, I was on a mission to do several things on that trip.  Transporting the part that you made to Matthews was just more icing.  I ended up buying an amp and a CD player from him while I was there. 

7 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I have seller's remorse on some things, those Chorus I have passed up deal remorse. If I wasn't 3 states away in a car already packed for two on vacation,  I would have grabbed them. 

On 2/9/2022 at 7:57 PM, MookieStl said:

I remember when you could walk in to Radio Shack and buy these.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Yup, still have them here.  Not currently in use, been thinking of selling them...but I just picked up a nice Denon amp so I want to hear them again before I make any rash decisions :D 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...