MiniDSP

wuzzzer

13 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

I’ll loan mine to you but you would have to pay for any and all shipping and leave me a deposit. Check out my user names. carlthess50 and carlthess40. I’ve been around the audio forums for over 10 years
Message me if you want to do this
Thanks
Carl

Thanks for the offer.  I do want to buy one so I can have it on hand for any future changes to my setup.

Question:  my receiver has two subwoofer outputs but no capability to adjust the output or distance independent of each other.  As of right now I do have both outputs connected to both inputs of my Crown amp.

When I get my UMIK and start doing sweeps would I be better off running a single RCA cable from my receiver to the miniDSP then two RCA cables from the miniDSP to my Crown amp?

• Like 1

Well, here's my first sweep, no EQ applied yet.  Both THTs.  I'm pretty impressed by how flat they are to 20Hz.  I'm going to raise the 20-40Hz range slightly, add a steep high pass filter at 16Hz and lower the peaks around 52 and 74 Hz and I should be good to go!

Screenshot_20211206-221628_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

Boy, a guy can really go crazy with all the adjustments that the miniDSP/REW/UMIK can make!  Anyway, I messed around with it a little tonight and was able to reduce the two big peaks at 52 and 74 Hz, add in a 16Hz High Pass filter and slightly increase the 20-30Hz range.

In the graph the top line is the original unadjusted sweep, the bottom line is after EQ was applied.

I have my THTs crossed over in my receiver at 70Hz.  They blend really well with my Heresys at that frequency.  Tomorrow I'm going to give them a listen and see if they sound better to my ears.

FirstAndFinal.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wirrunna said:

wuzzer, looking good. Have you done a sweep of the Heresys yet ?

Be good to see a plot of the Heresys on their own, then a plot of the Heresys with the THT.

I haven't.  I didn't get the UMIK until late last night and wanted to mess around with my subs first.