MC2100 boat anchor value?

-js-

I say boat anchor because IDK yet exactly what condition it may be in. but I'm meeting a local at lunch today who posted for sale a Mc 2100 for $400. he says:

"For parts or not working. New amplifier boards . Out of my technical abilities. Nor do I have the time. No help selling. Obo"

I have a friend who seems to be trained & experienced enough, and says with help, hell yeah you can figure out what ails it & fix it.

so, would you guys say this is worth that investment, even if it isn't much more than a boat anchor right now?

also - I saw it popup last nite. I offered him $300 then. he said another guy had offered to meet asking price $400. so I countered that with 'ok, if he doesn't show, I'll match his $400' maybe a ploy to get his asking price, or not. idk.  thanks.

sure, makes perfect sense. anyway, missed that one. I got the impression that I was next in line, since seller came back to me this morning, and I told him I have to work, let's meet up around lunch, and he agreed. but it is now sold.