FOUND! WOW! K-horn pair

-js-

so I found my pair! still amazed at what I found! and how absolutely FABULOUS they are!!!

I found a pair of KB MEL Macassar Ebony Lacquer, 1981, not far from me! seller delivered today. I helped him unload, reassemble top hats back to bass bins, side panels, etc.

got them connected, and WOW! Unbelievable! and gorgeous! just absolutely beautiful!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/s5VGBr8

I've been watching here & other places for a bit, and finally taking the plunge here with a WTB post.

Looking for a K-horn pair. cannot think of any absolutes but I do have preferences:

KB - I like the collared look.

finish - lean toward walnut but open for discussion.

stock or close to it - bit, here also-flexible.

location - preferably in SE USA. I live in Sweet Home, Birmingham.

was watching a recent auction in Nashville area that for location was pretty good.

price - depends on what we're looking at, but would, again-prefer, to find something other than a total rehab project.

looking for a finished, or mostly finished product. I haven't considered how much work I'm willing to take on, so let's say keep that lite.

I drifted. price: depends, but willing to go to 4k for the right pair.

if I've missed any details to help, I've been here enough to know how good membership is about calling for more info.

so just do that & I'll do my best.  thanks.

KB795a.jpg

KB794a.jpg

lt KB-MELa.jpg

rt KB-MELa.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• -js- changed the title to FOUND! WOW! K-horn pair
27 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Look great and sound even better I'm sure!  :)

Yes,  they sound INCREDIBLE! my wife,  who is a saint putting up with me and allowing me latitude with very little push back,  stood at the end of the room and closed her eyes.  She said she thought she was in the audience at the performance!

Unbelievable!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, -js- said:

Yes,  they sound INCREDIBLE! my wife,  who is a saint putting up with me and allowing me latitude with very little push back,  stood at the end of the room and closed her eyes.  She said she thought she was in the audience at the performance!

Unbelievable!

So how much is that new kitchen gonna cost ya? :D

They certainly are beautiful. Envy.

• Haha 2