Can someone help regarding est. worth of these 1985 LS BLS-WAL speakers?

CLove

Hi. I'll be upfront, I joined because I need to know what is the value of these speakers that my soon to be ex has. He's claiming as his property (that's fine) in our divorce but I know for a fact he told me a few years ago they are worth at least $3k. He listed them as worth $300 today. 🤣 funny. In the 20 yrs we have been together, we used them for the 1st year of our marriage and that's it. (I remember they sound amazing!) anyhoo... anyone care to give me a range of value? They say on the sticker on the back 1985 Klipsch and Associates, Inc, the sticker is signed by tested and inspected by, and the serial #is 8816262. Any help appreciated. The range in a google search is wide! He is a woodworker and was in the middle of refurbishing, they're going to look amazing when he actually finishes them. TIA!

Refinished and fully functional La Scalas are selling right now between $1,800 (very low end) and $2,700  - $2,800.  They are getting harder to find, thus the price is constantly going up.  @CLove, I wish you good luck in this difficult time, I know it's very stressful. 

$2,700: 

$2,500: 

15 hours ago, CLove said:

Hi. I'll be upfront, I joined because I need to know what is the value of these speakers that my soon to be ex has. He's claiming as his property (that's fine) in our divorce but I know for a fact he told me a few years ago they are worth at least $3k. He listed them as worth $300 today. 🤣 funny. In the 20 yrs we have been together, we used them for the 1st year of our marriage and that's it. (I remember they sound amazing!) anyhoo... anyone care to give me a range of value? They say on the sticker on the back 1985 Klipsch and Associates, Inc, the sticker is signed by tested and inspected by, and the serial #is 8816262. Any help appreciated. The range in a google search is wide! He is a woodworker and was in the middle of refurbishing, they're going to look amazing when he actually finishes them. TIA!

@Oicu812 gave you some very good benchmarks.  Just as an FYI -- the serial number indicates that they were made in 1988, not 1985.

Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

Hello.  The first photos above of the lighter colored speakers are my listing.  I would be happy to help with any questions you might have, as La Scalas are "my thing" if you will....

Pricing is completely dependent on cosmetic condition and components installed (tweeters, midrange, woofers).

Please provide your location and any photos you may have of the pair of La Scalas.  These things will help to assess value.

Thanks and take care.

21 hours ago, CLove said:

the sticker is signed by tested and inspected by, and the serial #is 8816262.

these speakers were  made in 1988 , if in great condition , as far as cosmetics -- 2500$ would be relatively , the market value ,  exotic veneers can increase the value and so does the quality of the workmanship 

2 hours ago, RandyH said:

these speakers were  made in 1988 , if in great condition , as far as cosmetics -- 2500$ would be relatively , the market value ,  exotic veneers can increase the value and so does the quality of the workmanship 

Curious to know what veneer was offered on La Scalas in 1988.

14 hours ago, 000 said:

11 hours ago, Dave A said:

Curious to know what veneer was offered on La Scalas in 1988.

Yes, please 000 tell us what veneers were offered on La Scalas in 1988.  Should be easy.

@CLove The value of the speakers are drifting upwards as of late. But it really depends upon condition and LOCATION. They are only worth what someone will pay for them. I am going to give your Hubby the benefit of the doubt. He may not keep tabs on this sort of thing and maybe thinking "I know what I paid for them, surely they're not worth that much, heck they're 20+ years old"

Not knowing either of you I sincerely hope you can reconcile. I saw what happened to my brother in his two divorces(not to mention his children). I would rather be dead.

53 minutes ago, babadono said:

I saw what happened to my brother in his two divorces(not to mention his children)

I watched my Dad and Ex Step mom fight over yard rakes, I had to offer to purchase one for him so we could leave. 

On another note, You guys are all wrong, BLS is Black Label Society signature addition Lascala. 

18 hours ago, The Dude said:

I watched my Dad and Ex Step mom fight over yard rakes, I had to offer to purchase one for him so we could leave. 

On another note, You guys are all wrong, BLS is Black Label Society signature addition Lascala. 

Mmmm. Carling Black Label.  Haven't had that in years.