What center channel goes with RF-82iis' and RF62iis'?

Dr_jitsu

I am downsizing my 9.2 HT system and selling my RF-82's and 62s'. I just realized (DOH!) that the 82s' and 62s' would make a perfect starter 5.1 HT system, all you need is a center channel. I have mentioned selling my speakers to friends, and the response is always the same: They have no idea what an rf82, 62, or pretty much any particular speaker is or can do (and how enjoyable a decent HT system can be). Therefore I am changing my sales approach (LOL) to just saying "hey, if you are interested in building a really decent HT you can save a bunch of money by buying my speakers and all you would need is a center channel and a receiver."

So what would be a good center channel? Personally, I am running an RC-64 (I have RF 7s' up front and 82s' in back) but obviously that would be overkill. What would be a good, but budget friendly alternative?

Thanks!

EDIT: I see that Klipsch recommends the rc-62ii center channel.

Edited by Dr_jitsu

5 hours ago, Dr_jitsu said:

So what would be a good center channel? What would be a good, but budget friendly alternative?

Thanks!

EDIT: I see that Klipsch recommends the rc-62ii center channel.

As you already know the RC-62 is recommended-- the RC-35 was its predecessor and likely very close before that was the RC-3 I'm sure all could work. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 12:04 PM, Zen Traveler said:

RC-62s were the original centers.

Thanks. Also, the idea of a 62 or 82 is interesting. I am trying to sell my speakers locally. Most people are clueless when it comes to HT details, so I am just selling the speakers as a great started HT system, just add a center channel.

2 hours ago, Dr_jitsu said:

Thanks. Also, the idea of a 62 or 82 is interesting. I am trying to sell my speakers locally. Most people are clueless when it comes to HT details, so I am just selling the speakers as a great started HT system, just add a center channel.

Some also use so called HT style speakers for 2 channel stereo. So, there is that also that happens. Thanks!

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Some also use so called HT style speakers for 2 channel stereo. So, there is that also that happens. Thanks!

True...but the Reference, while phenomenal for HT are a bit too sharp for music....this is just my opinion. Of course your regular Joe might not care so much. 

• Like 1