Close threads if need be, but why delete them?

JL Sargent

• Moderators
14 hours ago, USNRET said:

I am sure that anyone here for any length of time recognizes that there is a direct relationship of posts allowed vs museum donation.

No there is not as far as I know, they have nothing to do with each other, I don't know who donates to the museum. 

As far as a secret section on the forum, if there is I don't know why. I only come here signed in so that is all I see. I know at one time years ago there was because you could not talk about jubilees without starting trouble so there was a thread about them so they could be discussed.

Like the old BS section moderators are not who decides who sees it, I didn't realize they were a section like that anymore, I don't see a reason. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, dtel said:

No there is not as far as I know, they have nothing to do with each other, I don't know who donates to the museum. 

As far as a secret section on the forum, if there is I don't know why. I only come here signed in so that is all I see. I know at one time years ago there was because you could not talk about jubilees without starting trouble so there was a thread about them so they could be discussed.

Like the old BS section moderators are not who decides who sees it, I didn't realize they were a section like that anymore, I don't see a reason. 

Funny you mentioned that. I looked back in the Jubilee thread. There hasn't been one political post in there in the entire history, (15+ years), not one personal attack, not one "hey did you see in the news today that", it's just about Jubes and related subjects. That's it.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I actually think the moderators got together and hashed out what they wanted it to be...Back then they had a half dozen or so who actually participated and now it's down to 1 or 2. That's my take.

Not true at all.

We do not even talk, there was Amy and she got my wife to be a moderator so there was 2. later others were added, and quit or did nothing. Marshall who quit and asked to be removed and they told him just do not post but was not going to remove him, he asked again. When they did not delete his account as asked he forced them by deleting a large section of the forum permantly, back them moderators could do much more. Well that got him removed and caused much work by the adminstrator to try and recover it which did not work. Ever have a problem searching for things, well that's why, it's gone.

My wife rarely does anything here also kind of burned out with the BS. Weeks ago her PM's stopped working, she asked for it to be fixed but it is still is broken. 

It all just get's old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travis In Austin said:

This has zero, nothing to do with what we are talking about here, and you seem to know that. This isnblatently political and you are going to pay the price for that. It's Christmas so I will give you a short amount of time to fix it, otherwise it will be see you next year.

I meant nothing political by what I posted. My mentioning 230 was in response to the talk about free speech and liability to what's posted.

Sorry if it sounded political, I didn't mean for it to be.

[Moderator comment: thank you for the clarification. I read it out of context because of the gang reference, and possibly the earlier reference to the book on the media which is clearly from one end of the political spectrum. I was wrong about your post and I appologize. Yes, Section 230 of the CDA does limit liability of a  platform owner for liability (except for trademark and other IP, and SEC regulations.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I was made a moderator while I was on vacation for 10 days, I had no idea untill I came back. I did it only to help because I like it here, but much of this has changed I almost hate looking here, just tired of it. 

Look at my post, 99% are non audio related and very much off and on. I get tired of it and do not post, come back and just general BS a little and I stop reading for a while and leave again.

I do not talk with Travis, or any other moderator, I asked months ago maby a year for them to add moderators, never was done. 

YES I do appericate everyone thanking me for working with the museum, it meant alot to me and thank you. I also got burned out on doing this with all the BS sometimes involved BUT I realized what I liked about it was who I got to work with when we go to work on the building, the people I spend time with. 

I have to be honest

Craig, Roy, Jim, and the two ladies who help out are the only reason I still do it. I enjoy being around them, they make it fun, if it is not fun why bother. 

I have become 100% burned out on administration part of the museum, I honestly do not know why my wife still does it anymore, if I were her I would have quit long ago.

I would send Chad a message and quit but he may not even get it so I don't know what I will do, or just not do anything.

Just tired of it all

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, grindstone said:

Just wanted to express gratitude to those left keeping this board running and to Klipsch for supporting it. 

I agree! @dtel I have seen you express your feelings on several occasions and hope you get whatever is bothering you resolved. Life is too short to keep doin' something you don't enjoy!

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

This is the Lounge section, right? Just so happens to be the most popular place on the Klipsch forum if I'm not mistaken? It's also where you have participated in on all kinds of topics NOT speaker related! I guess there might be more to talk about than just those then? I do remember you locking my thread about video editing software. You did change your mind about that one.

Only so many ways to say how good Klipsch used to be.

Yes, locked that, didn't delete it. It's apples and oranges. It had nothing to do with politics, or politically charged topics like Covid.

I didn't lock that thread because of any violation.  I locked  the video editing thread because it was old, it had been answered, and for months we were getting first time posters posting hyperlinked spam to other video editing software in that thread. It was a spam magnet, just like education threads are a magnet for college paper sellers.

The LS burning thread was hidden because it burst into flames with personal attacks. I unhid it when I confirmed it wasn't a joke, and then deleted it at the request of the OP, which we usually always do.

The Covid thread I deleated most of because Covid is an out of bounds topic. We have always prohibited new threads on previously locked threads.

Covid was started and frozen 3 times because I was stupid enough to think a reasonable discussion could occur here without being drug into conspiracy, links to dark web sites and videos, and politics. I tried 3 times, 3 different threads, and it became clear it was serving no useful purpose and was becoming a liability.

So while I think your question to start this thread was a legitimate one, and one deserving of a response, it of course goes off the rails into "liberal media" controlling the narrative, and all the usual crap.

I don't think I this place is only limited to audio/speakers. If I did, I appoligize for that. There are hundreds of topics like that in the Lounge, and I have been in many. Photography, jokes, books, Cables, Cocktails, Cycles, Beer, Bourbon, Cigars, and a 1000 other things. If you look at those old Evergreen threads you will see there is nothing political, politically charged, political ideology, racial, or religion. 

So we will turn this into a positive learning experience for everyone. Going forward, if you or anyone has a question on a moderator action, PM any moderator or all of them (Chad, Roy, Dtel and/or me). We will address it, just like we do every week. If we make a mistake, we say so and we fix it. Or if there is a reason for something, we explain it. I would say, almost without exception, a positive outcome is achieved (not necessarily that everyone agrees, but everyone understands).

We are not going to discuss these things in the general Forum any longer because they run off the rails into off topic bullshit that would not be allowed anyway.

So I'm going to lock this thread, delete the off topic stuff and pin it to the top so everyone can learn from this moving forward. 

It's an audio Forum, it used to be an awesome place when it was audio and the Lounge wasn't a place where people felt compelled to post about controversial and divisive subjects on a continual basis, or plunge into personal attacks at the first hint of disagreement.

So hopefully this will cause people to feel free to express any suggestions, questions, thoughts, etc. on how to keep the Klipsch Forum a friendly, welcoming, warm, and informative place.

Merry Christmas 

• Like 4