Tweeter search.

Jomac60

6 hours ago, Jomac60 said:

Looking for a K-107 tweeter for a Heresy iii.

ditto with @jjptkd         is it missing , or damaged -- very easy to repair ,and  parts are available through klipsch -

for the Titanium diaphragm  The klipsch part no  is 127123 and it is about $35.

1 hour ago, Jomac60 said:

Need the whole thing.

Those don't show up too often on the used market your best bet would be to contact Klipsch parts.

You could make a pair out of something very similar with the old pro tweeters the k-792's you'd just need to swap to titanium diaphragms.

3 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Those don't show up too often on the used market your best bet would be to contact Klipsch parts.

You could make a pair out of something very similar with the old pro tweeters the k-792's you'd just need to swap to titanium diaphragms.

Well I goy the speaker home and just the horn was broke off. I super glued it and we're back in business. Thanks for the suggestions and help.

6 hours ago, Jomac60 said:

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it out. Let you know how the comparison checks out.

Yeah I didn't know all you needed was the horn the ones on eBay are identical to the Klipsch horns but the magnet and diaphragm are not they will work and are exactly what you need from the sounds of it.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:04 AM, 000 said:

the lens is 100% identical -

Yep. The lens looks great. Perfect match. Probably the same manufacturer. Unfortunately the ti diaphragm was also shot. So right now I have a K-76 diaphragm on a K-107 magnet with a Paudio lens. Lol. I will be getting the titanium diaphragm from Bob soon as he replies to my email request.

12 minutes ago, Jomac60 said:

. I will be getting the titanium diaphragm from Bob soon as he replies to my email request.

You're not going to get the quality  sound from the K-107 with a generic aftermarket TI diaphragm , being the K-107 is manufactured by klipsch   and so is the k-107 TI replacement diaphragm  which has proprietary features ..........    klipsch Parts will sell you the Original k-107  Ti Diaphragm , only  if you have a corresponding serial no -

2 minutes ago, 000 said:

You're not going to get the quality  sound from the K-107 with a generic aftermarket TI diaphragm , being the K-107 is manufactured by klipsch   and so is the k-107 TI replacement diaphragm  which has proprietary features ..........    klipsch Parts will sell you the Original k-107  Ti Diaphragm , only  if you have a corresponding serial no -

So just call them?

9 hours ago, Jomac60 said:

Yep. The lens looks great. Perfect match. Probably the same manufacturer. Unfortunately the ti diaphragm was also shot. So right now I have a K-76 diaphragm on a K-107 magnet with a Paudio lens. Lol. I will be getting the titanium diaphragm from Bob soon as he replies to my email request.

Historically I've always been a fan of buying factory made authentic parts if going that route and at all possible but the Crites titanium tweeters are a very good replacement option and service is top notch-- you place an order and you'll have them in a matter of days. Unfortunately this has not been my experience with Klipsch parts department for whatever reason they are just terribly slow to even respond to an inquiry so my advice would be to just order these from Crites and save the time and complication for parts that aren't readily available or have a higher impact in terms of quality just my $.02.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Historically I've always been a fan of buying factory made authentic parts if going that route and at all possible but the Crites titanium tweeters are a very good replacement option and service is top notch-- you place an order and you'll have them in a matter of days. Unfortunately this has not been my experience with Klipsch parts department for whatever reason they are just terribly slow to even respond to an inquiry so my advice would be to just order these from Crites and save the time and complication for parts that aren't readily available or have a higher impact in terms of quality just my $.02.

Your $.02 is well spent on me. I have little experience in all of this. Weighing options always gets me bogged down. I'll post my results provided the are worthy of sharing.

• Like 1