Modifying AA crossover to cross at 4500hz

geoff.

25 minutes ago, Deang said:

Look at the plot I recently posted showing the K-77-M and K-77-F. These tweeters are not the same.

We need to remember too that even if you're using the Universal, lowering that crossover point isn't going to be that healthy for the K-77. So, this should maybe always be in the context of the de10, de120, etc.

Dean is correct and rather than running in circles comparing apples and oranges, there’s a lot of past research and analysis available on this forum answering most of the questions in this thread. 

As far as the thread goes, there are two different quick tricks on the cheap to get the aa to “live curve” more like an a/4500, otherwise you may as well start from scratch, selecting your tweeter and midrange before your network. Just my experience after owning, building and live test curving a lot of networks, tweeters, mids, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2021 at 12:38 PM, PrestonTom said:

Chris was a frequent contributor and did a good job in laying out the major issues. 

WAS is correct. I believe all his content is gone.

CORRECTION

Content is here...

7 hours ago, Deang said:

Look at the plot I recently posted showing the K-77-M and K-77-F. These tweeters are not the same.

We need to remember too that even if you're using the Universal, lowering that crossover point isn't going to be that healthy for the K-77. So, this should maybe always be in the context of the de10, de120, etc.

Yes, I should have stipulated that, the intention was always to use a tweeter other than the K-77.

The DE-120 is the one I had in mind as it has never failed to impress me in any application I have used it in.

On 12/10/2021 at 6:25 AM, Deang said:

General impressions?

The only other person I know that built a pair is @kevinmi

I have built a couple, and am currently using them in my highly modded K horns. I like the 4500 crossover because I have substantial high end hearing loss and I can hear the tweets putting out sound. Everything is modded on my speakers, so I wouldn't compare them to anything stock.

• Like 1