For Sale: Gil McDermott's (WMcD) audio gear (McIntosh, Belles, Forte, etc.) - (please read)

opusk2k9

Sadly, Gil McDermott @WMcD had a stroke and will and will likely be in a nursing home when he gets out of the hospital.

Gil is improving mentally, but he has a long road ahead physically.  Gil has been a mainstay on this Forum for 20 years or so.

I am trying to help Joe @JoeR , Gil's brother-in-law, sell his audio gear to help with Gil's expenses.  

Original thread:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/204315-gil-mcdermott-needs-some-thoughtsprayers-formerly-any-one-in-the-chicago-area-want-some-speakers/

I currently only have the attached photos that Joe provided and haven't seen/heard anything, so I can't speak to the condition yet.

However, I am looking to get Gil a fair price, since I think he will really need the money.

Gil has:

(3) walnut oil Belle (I don't know the year/crossovers yet)
(2) walnut Forte 1 or 2 (I don't think they are Chorus),

McIntosh gear: MC2505. (50W power amp), MR74 (AM/FM Stereo Tuner), MI-3 (maximum performance indicator; basically an audio oscilloscope)

Pair of home built Khorns 

Pair of home built La Scala bass bins (I think there is a set of horns for these as well)

Some 15" woofers

Some crossovers.

The items are located in downtown Chicago. 

We are still working on when they will be available to pick up, likely later this month.

I know that the Belles, Forte, and McIntosh gear will be easier to sell.

We would also like to find new homes for the homebuilt as well.

Please PM me if you are interested or would like to help.

Thank you.

Brandon

WMcD audio-1.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I would be interested in any of the crossovers and parts for building crossovers.
And maybe those wood horns he built , the ones that are laying face down on top of some speakers. Will you be doing any shipping? I’m in Florida
Thanks and so sorry to hear what happened, god speed on his health and to get home, if possible.

1 hour ago, carlthess40 said:

Will you be doing any shipping?

I am hoping not to ship anything.  The crossovers might be possible, but the horns would be a bit much.

If someone else local wants to help with shipping stuff, I would appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opusk2k9 said:

I am hoping not to ship anything.  The crossovers might be possible, but the horns would be a bit much.

If someone else local wants to help with shipping stuff, I would appreciate it.

it would be nice if you could keep the Amp and tuner , as well as a pair of Belles for Gil  ,  once he gets better , he may not be too happy to hear that all his gear is gone --but with a pair of stereo speakers and amp and tuner , that may just be what he needs -

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 000 said:

it would be nice if you could keep the Amp and tuner , as well as a pair of Belles for Gil  ,  once he gets better , he may not be too happy to hear that all his gear is gone --but with a pair of stereo speakers and amp and tuner , that may just be what he needs -

I asked Joe if that would be a possibility as that would be great and I would just store things for Gil. 

However, Joe didn't think that he will be in a place where that would be an option.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 000 said:

Maybe not room for the Belles but the electronics with either headphones or smaller speakers.... music can be very good   as you all know.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

The last update I received was that he is improving mentally, but still paralyzed on one side.

so Gil's motor skills are affected   --Thank you for keeping us aware of Gil's Condition -

Carl [mention=35591]carlthess40[/mention] and Brandon [mention=51180]opusk2k9[/mention]
I will be in Geneva IL  at the end of the year(near Chicago and near Brandon) and will be heading to Ocala FL before the end of January .So if you guys work something out I can help .

That would be great
Thank you very much for the offer
Carl

Latest Gil update:

Gil is still hospitalized.  He is eating normally and is off oxygen, but is still paralyzed on his left side.  Mentally he is pretty good, but there are some gaps and things he is confused about.

He will be going to a rehab facility soon and will be there for three to four months.  What happens after that depends on how much progress he makes during rehab, but it is unlikely that he will be able to live on his own.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4