For Sale: Gil McDermott's (WMcD) audio gear (McIntosh, Belles, Forte, etc.) - (please read)

opusk2k9

24 minutes ago, TwistyTony said:

I'd be interested in the Forte's.  I have Forte 2's and need a center channel.  I too question selling all Gil's gear.  He clearly loves this stuff, and having SOME of it to enjoy, even in retirement or assisted living would likely still mean a lot to him.  Maybe some of the projects he won't be able to get to, but I know my elderly parents greatly value the stuff around them that they've enjoyed all their lives.  Not to give anyone "fatherly advice" but, maybe leave him a super nice set up he can enjoy of his stuff.  Or ask him to be sure.  

My prayers with Gil in his recovery.  If the Forte's need a home, put me on the list.

Tony

I have spoken with Joe.  At the moment we will hold off selling until we see where he might end up.

It turns out they are walnut Quartets, not Forte.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

At the moment we will hold off selling until we see where he might end up.

On 1/12/2022 at 8:39 PM, garyrc said:

Will whoever sees him give him our regards and thank him for his years of wisdom on the forum?

Gary -Good News -

• Like 1

15 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

I have spoken with Joe.  At the moment we will hold off selling until we see where he might end up.

It turns out they are walnut Quartets, not Forte.

Are you saying that you are now the owner of the Quartets? Unclear. Nobody mentioned until just now.

If Gil, or anyone else, wants to sell, I'll put up for the walnut Quartets. Thanks. I really hope Gil can keep them for his own personal use, but if not, and they have to sell, well I have the perfect spot for them here at my home where I can use them daily for sure. I understand Joe is holding, but if/when things change be sure to get a hold of me for WO quartets.

19 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Are you saying that you are now the owner of the Quartets? Unclear. Nobody mentioned until just now.

If Gil, or anyone else, wants to sell, I'll put up for the walnut Quartets. Thanks. I really hope Gil can keep them for his own personal use, but if not, and they have to sell, well I have the perfect spot for them here at my home where I can use them daily for sure. I understand Joe is holding, but if/when things change be sure to get a hold of me for WO quartets.

I am not the owner of anything, I am in possession of Gil's gear. 

I sent Gil and Joe an inventory of everything that I was able to pick up.  I can hold onto things for a while for him.

McIntosh MR74, C26, MC2505, MI-3, SCR2

Quartets, (3) Belle (2 consecutive AA x-overs, (1) darker with AB-2), (2) K-400 horns, (2) K-500 horns, (3) K-500 like horns

crossovers: (1) 60th anniversary khorn, (2) homebuilt khorn, (2) AA (oil caps), (2) AK-4

15" woofers: (2) Pyle, (2) Pioneer, (6) EV EVM-15L, (1) EV 15W

Components: (6) K77 (round), (1) K77 (square), (1) K-77M, (2) K-55V, (2) B&C DE85-8

AVEL Toroidal Transformers: (3) D4040, (3) D4007 

I guessed from the photo I got that they were Forte, but they turned out to be Quartet's (was even a surprise to Gil).

I will see what he want to do, I might be interested in the walnut quartets to replace my oak quartets.

However, I am waiting on Joe to see where he might end up which will greatly depend on the rehab progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I spoke with Gil again today.  He would really love to hear from the Forum.  

It doesn't sound like he is making much progress.  No luck yet on getting his cell phone reactivated.

Please try to reach out every once in a while and brighten his day.

The number is seven73-56one-2040.  There is one shared wireless phone , so it sometimes takes two or three tries to get Gil on the phone.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 12:51 PM, opusk2k9 said:

I spoke with Gil again today.  He would really love to hear from the Forum.  

It doesn't sound like he is making much progress.  No luck yet on getting his cell phone reactivated.

Please try to reach out every once in a while and brighten his day.

The number is.  There is one shared wireless phone , so it sometimes takes two or three tries to get Gil on the phone.

You may want to spell out his phone number so the bots don't pick it up and begin spamming him. : ) 

1 hour ago, Limberpine said:

You may want to spell out his phone number so the bots don't pick it up and begin spamming him. : ) 

no worries , knowing Gil , he'll give them such a hard time,  they will block his number

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Gil now has a new cell phone, so you don't have to call the main line anymore:

Please contact me for the number.

It is not a smartphone.  He also has a laptop, but it is hard for him to use.

I'm sure he would love to hear from people.

Thank you.

Brandon

• Like 1

I am a complete newbie on this forum and indeed HiFi listening. I had done a good bit of research on classic Klipsch speakers and decided that I wanted to get Belles or La Scalas (K-horns if I could swing it). I may have made a dubious choice in purchasing a pair of Belles that were for sale online and got scammed. After that, I decided if I was going to find quality people I should come here.

To make a long story short, I have a fairly decent itch for some horn loaded speakers and was wondering if the Belles might still be available?

Mr. Gil is someone I do not know, and I am certainly on the outside of this community being new, but I wish him and all who know him the best.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, PoorManP said:

I am a complete newbie on this forum and indeed HiFi listening. I had done a good bit of research on classic Klipsch speakers and decided that I wanted to get Belles or La Scalas (K-horns if I could swing it). I may have made a dubious choice in purchasing a pair of Belles that were for sale online and got scammed. After that, I decided if I was going to find quality people I should come here.

To make a long story short, I have a fairly decent itch for some horn loaded speakers and was wondering if the Belles might still be available?

Mr. Gil is someone I do not know, and I am certainly on the outside of this community being new, but I wish him and all who know him the best.

Gill asked me to hold onto his stuff a little longer and ask him in another month about selling it.

Where are you located?

Thank you.

Brandon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kwingylee said:

I was able to speak with William yesterday. He is about to start physical therapy and looking forward to getting out. Keep him in your prayers.

Thanks for the update!  👍

On 12/5/2021 at 4:13 PM, opusk2k9 said:

I asked Joe if that would be a possibility as that would be great and I would just store things for Gil. 

However, Joe didn't think that he will be in a place where that would be an option.

Get the man some awesome headphones and an amp! The man obviously loves his music. Not only has he lost the ability to care for his own needs or live in his own home…don’t take the man’s tunes! 
I noted that it has been a bit since you posted Gil’s treasures. I am rooting for Gil to surprise everyone with a speedy and miraculous recovery! Return to his life before his brain had a little blowout!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I talked to Gil a few minutes ago.  His wit is as sharp as ever, but he is bored and requested calls.  PM me and I'll give you his new number. 

Headphones are a great idea, if he doesn't have any.  Brandon, do you know?  Do you have his address? 

• Like 1