For Sale: Gil McDermott's (WMcD) audio gear (McIntosh, Belles, Forte, etc.) - (please read)

opusk2k9

21 minutes ago, rplace said:

^^^ Really for the entire world of bad actors to feed on? I'd be pissed. Won't even quote that post and hope you delete it. Idiot!

I agree, when it is posted so openly, bad things will surely occur. I have no idea what the thought process was. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
On 3/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, opusk2k9 said:

I spoke with Gil again today.  He would really love to hear from the Forum.  

It doesn't sound like he is making much progress.  No luck yet on getting his cell phone reactivated.

Please try to reach out every once in a while and brighten his day.

The number, which was posted in alpha-numeric format is outdated. Don't use it. Gil has his own cell phone now and a new number. You can PM @opusk2k9 and he will give it to you. Or you can PM me, I have it, and I don't think @opusk2k9 would mind if I gave it out via PM. 

If someone would like the number I suppose you can just post that in here and either @opusk2k9 or I will PM you if that works easier. 

Friends of Gil, please give him a call if you have the number.

Does Gil have wifi/internet, can we get him a tablet or something to engage with the Forum?

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, 001 said:

Tx for the Help  @Travis In Austin  

I was given Gil's Cell numbers  in  February , and   in  April  , and hopefully , many more  Forum Members will  answer your request   . 

Well what you posted and I recently  hid was old and out of date number. 

I got this on April 24th:

"Gil now has a new cell phone, so you don't have to call the main line anymore:

[Number Deleted]

It is not a smartphone.  He also has a laptop, but it is hard for him to use.

I'm sure he would love to hear from people.

Thank you.

Brandon"

Again, for those that would like to contact Gil please contact @opusk2k9 or me or just post in here that you would like that number.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

When I spoke with him it was a Facility without wifi/ internet for patients

Perhaps he has moved to a rehab facility

Thanks Duke. I haven't heard of any moves recently, but i may have missed that along the line. 

If anyone talks with Gil can you update in here about wifi? Also if he could use some headphones as offered by @carlthess40?

9 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

Thanks Duke. I haven't heard of any moves recently, but i may have missed that along the line. 

If anyone talks with Gil can you update in here about wifi? Also if he could use some headphones as offered by @carlthess40?

As of last week he was in the same facility (and he is not happy about it).  He is very bored and would enjoy people reaching out to him.  He does have a laptop and uses that with the Sony earbud that someone sent him.

I didn't hear anything about no wifi.  He should have some internet access, since he asked me to send an email.  I can provide his email to people as well.  However, Gil does have a hard time using the laptop, limited space and mobility.  I never received a response via email.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Well what you posted and I recently  hid was old and out of date number.

The main line no is operational , but it's shared , you're correct , it is quicker to reach Gil via his cell phone -

I got this on Feb 19th from Brandon via PM

Here is Gil's cell:

[Number Deleted]

I don't know when it will be active.  I will try it again tomorrow, during normal hours.

I called Gil last week, he is doing OK, but bored.
The number is 7...............0.  Gil  and a few  other patients  share 1 Wireless phone  , so it sometimes takes two or three tries to get Gil  on the phone
......................................................................................
-24th of April

Gil now has a new cell phone, so you don't have to call the main line anymore:

[Number Deleted]

1 hour ago, opusk2k9 said:

As of last week he was in the same facility (and he is not happy about it).  He is very bored and would enjoy people reaching out to him.

Brandon   , is the main line number that was posted on March 5th   still operational  if Members want to reach Gil ,  or should Forum Members  only reach Gil via the 2nd cell phone number you messaged in April -    Regards .

15 minutes ago, 001 said:

Brandon   , is the main line number that was posted on March 5th   still operational  if Members want to reach Gil ,  or should Forum Members  only reach Gil via the 2nd cell phone number you messaged in April -    Regards .

The main line should still be operational.  However, it can be hard to get through as the phone is shared with all the patients.  Gil's cell is the easiest, he has answered when I have called.

• Like 1

Just now, opusk2k9 said:

The main line should still be operational.  However, it can be hard to get through as the phone is shared with all the patients.  Gil's cell is the easiest, he has answered when I have called.

Excellent ..tx  ,

1 hour ago, WMcD said:

i l live.  wmccd 

1 hour ago, 001 said:

.Welcome back Gil ,  We missed you ,   hope you're feeling a lot  better

Indeed, welcome back.  Thanks for all of your good advice and illumination over the years. 

Garyrc

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WMcD said:

i l live.  wmccd 

I don't know you sir, but I know that you are very valuable to the Klipsch community. I am glad that you have found your way back to live.It was obviously a very hard way