For Sale: Gil McDermott's (WMcD) audio gear (McIntosh, Belles, Forte, etc.) - (please read)

opusk2k9

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'm interested in the EVM 15L's. How do I get price and availability? I can drive to Chicago from Detroit.

I sent Gil the spreadsheet, but he hasn't provided asking prices yet.  I owe him a call, so I will try to get some pricing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, opusk2k9 said:

I've tried calling Gil, has anyone been able to speak with him lately?  His cell phone keeps going to voicemail for me.

,from what I gathered , he's having a  hard time doing what he wants to do with only 1 arm , but  he's not quitting ,   the Man is all there , same Gil as before , sharp and very  Direct , 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OO1 said:

,from what I gathered , he's having a  hard time doing what he wants to do with only 1 arm , but  he's not quitting ,   the Man is all there , same Gil as before , sharp and very  Direct , 

Thanks.  I'm glad you got a response. I will try him again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, opusk2k9 said:

Thanks.  I'm glad you got a response. I will try him again.

send him  an  email  or call  through the main line  his cell phone voice mail  may be   full , but Gil  does not know that he has to empty it  1st  to receive calls   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gil update: 

I was finally able to talk to Gil.  He is doing some rehab.  He is doing exercises and using a walker.

He hopes to get transferred to another facility.  He said he will try to log onto the forum this weekend.

I'm sure he would love to hear from forum members.  Hopefully, his cell phone is working if you try to call.

He still has hopes to move into an apartment and start working again at some point.

If he can get into an apartment, he would like to have the Belles. 

He is going to talk to his brother in law about it.  So, at the moment I am holding on to his stuff for a while longer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

He still has hopes to move into an apartment and start working again at some point

God Willing , Brandon , since you're closer to Gil's BIL  ,  do you think that Gil would be eligible for adapted housing with Financial assistance  through Federal or State Programs    .