For Sale: Gil McDermott's (WMcD) audio gear (McIntosh, Belles, Forte, etc.) - (please read)

opusk2k9

9 hours ago, OO1 said:

God Willing , Brandon , since you're closer to Gil's BIL  ,  do you think that Gil would be eligible for adapted housing with Financial assistance  through Federal or State Programs    .

I'm not really sure his situation.  At one point, his brother in law was hoping he gets well enough to maybe move to TX.

I'm not sure what Gil's opinion was on that.  I think a lot will depend on how the rehab goes.  

• Like 1

When I was really sick I just kind of stopped caring about “stuff” and it became more about people. I became content with less and started reading more. He may not even care about some that stuff anymore - has anyone asked?

We should strongly consider taking up some money for him. I would start the thread, but I’m a bit of polarizing figure around here right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, deang said:

When I was really sick I just kind of stopped caring about “stuff” and it became more about people. I became content with less and started reading more. He may not even care about some that stuff anymore - has anyone asked?

We should strongly consider taking up some money for him. I would start the thread, but I’m a bit of polarizing figure around here right now. 

I did ask and he stated this week that he is hoping to get in a space where he can enjoy them again.

I don't know medically and financially what is feasible.  He was going to discuss with his brother in law.

I agree on the taking up some money.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

TTT.

I've talked to Gil a few times and he does want to sell his gear to generate some cash.  I'll attach the list here after I find it.  The 3 matching Belles are the centerpiece, but the rest is interesting, too. 

If I understand the situation, opus2k9 has passed and his wife is still storing the stuff in her house.  We need to get this into new homes to unburden her, too. 

Gil inventory.xlsx

I'm working on that.  There are some pics in a PDF on page 1 of this thread. 

I just talked to Gil.  He said he'd be glad to go with someone to the location where everything is stored and talk "turkey".  You'll need to come with a truck or van for the larger stuff and pick him up where he lives.  

We will pack and ship the smaller stuff, at buyers expense.

Contact him at w.f.mcdermott@gmail.com or PM me and I'll give you his phone number. 

• Like 2

Prices:

MR74 AM/FM TUNER $400 needs alignment, oscillates

McIntosh MI-3 oscilloscope for MR74 tuner (and others?) $400
c26 preamp, variable loudness, center channel output, speaker selection switch  built in $600. SOLD
mc2505 ss amp with auto transformers and meters $600. SOLD
3 Belle Klipsch $1200 each nice dolly stands. All 3 Belles sold
twin Quartets $500 pair nice tractrix  SOLD
K400 $200 each  2 SOLD
K500 $200 each 5 available, these are pretty rare and at 500 Hz have many uses. 
K77 round or square $125 ea 8+, mostly AlNiCo. 
AA xover oil None
Two AK4  $200 each
Pioneer  15" woofer $75
Pyle 15" woofers $75

EV 15W (K?) 15 inch might be ev sourced khorn woofer $200. Sold.

We strongly recommend personally picking up the McIntosh gear as the glass faces are somewhat fragile and difficult or impossible to replace/repair. 

Audio classics.com has or makes shipping boxes for McIntosh gear and we recommend getting a special box for shipping these.  I have asked them for a quote on the price for each box. 

See pics on page 1.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, gsgleason said:

Can the quartets be shipped?

I'm sure they could, but I wouldn't recommend it.  My H IVs were safely shipped in their original boxes, on a pallet and wrapped with film.  We don't have the original boxes and Miss Amy does not have the capability of taking them to a trucking company to be packed and shipped. 

If you are serious, we can try to make that happen.  It will not be cheap.  I can try to have boxes made and we might use UShip.  My experience with them has been good for 2 shipments.  

Anybody want to loan/rent Quartet boxes? 

35 minutes ago, JohnA said:

I'm sure they could, but I wouldn't recommend it.  My H IVs were safely shipped in their original boxes, on a pallet and wrapped with film.  We don't have the original boxes and Miss Amy does not have the capability of taking them to a trucking company to be packed and shipped. 

If you are serious, we can try to make that happen.  It will not be cheap.  I can try to have boxes made and we might use UShip.  My experience with them has been good for 2 shipments.  

Anybody want to loan/rent Quartet boxes? 

USHIP. They do a good job and probably won’t be much more than any other carrier.