2 channel vs 5

rican1965

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

Just play two speakers at a time. It’s all you need to enjoy music.

If we've decoded the post I suggest the above is the correct answer. :)

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

Leave hokey surround sound for home theater where quality really isn’t as important…

Otoh, to offer a second opinion in this 2 channel thread let me state this isn't true. Quality is extremely important in HT. Right now I am enjoying REM "Around the sun" DVD-A with a nice Belhaven and it sounds phenomenal on the Home Theater listed in my sig.

6 hours ago, rican1965 said:

I have cornwall iv forte iv and klipsch rf-7111 I was able to run all 6 speakers Bridge but not for long after 30 minutes the amp goes off

Dude....stop doing that. Like now. That's a sweet amp but you're using it in a way that it's not intended to be used. It's you wonder you haven't already caused it irreversible damage and hell maybe you have. 2 channel amps are for running.....2 channels. 

From my experience in this forum and especially in the Klipsch Facebook groups I'm in: Klipsch owners do some weird sh*t. From stuff like this to people stacking their surround channels on top of their mains, to mounting their center channel on the goddamn ceiling. 

11 minutes ago, babadono said:

What the? A stereo amp run bridged into 6 speakers? Why?

With two matched pair of 8ohm speakers (non of the kind he owns) and not bridging he would stand a good chance with that high quality amp. I'm still wondering how he got 3 pairs of speaker wires into those jacks. 18ga wire carrying 1100W??? How hot did the speaker wire get? 

55 minutes ago, CoryGillmore said:

From my experience in this forum and especially in the Klipsch Facebook groups I'm in: Klipsch owners do some weird sh*t. From stuff like this to people stacking their surround channels on top of their mains, to mounting their center channel on the goddamn ceiling. 

They aren't all on here, don't associate them. This ain't AVS forum.... 

9 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

With two matched pair of 8ohm speakers (non of the kind he owns) and not bridging he would stand a good chance with that high quality amp.

Don't encourage him.  Again 15k or more worth of gear, let's not make extremely foolish decisions here.  If you need danley sh50s and subs, buy them.  I can recommend you a guy.  If not, 2 speakers for a 2 channel amp, PERIOD.  You will lose 50% of you damping factor doubling 8 ohm speakers..... 

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

I dunno how hot does the cord to your 1500W hair dryer get?:)

Pretty warm actually, and that is at 5' in length. I'm sure the dryer would melt down before the cord though if you left it run long enough. Not sure that's the case here though, how long are the wire runs?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

They aren't all on here, don't associate them. This ain't AVS forum.... 

Nah the Klipsch Facebook group is the worst offender, in my opinion. Klipsch makes some easily accessible speakers you can buy in big box stores, so it goes without saying a lot of people who don't know what they're doing end up with a bunch of copper drivers in their living room with some very questionable setups and speaker placements lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoryGillmore said:

Nah the Klipsch Facebook group is the worst offender, in my opinion. Klipsch makes some easily accessible speakers you can buy in big box stores, so it goes without saying a lot of people who don't know what they're doing end up with a bunch of copper drivers in their living room with some very questionable setups and speaker placements lol. 

Thank you for clarifying, I don't have and never will have social media of ANY form unless necessary.... I'm one of those and I ain't old and out yet.. 

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

Strange specs on that amp...1100w bridged into 4 ohms but nothing about how many watts 2 channel into 2 ohms.

Actually that's Mono only when bridging. Per the manual...

Bridged mono mode requires the use of a SDA-2200 for each channel. Note: In bridged mode only the L+ and R+ speaker outputs are required. WARNING: Do not make any connections to the L- or R- speaker terminals, doing so will severely damage your amplifier.

1 minute ago, 314carpenter said:
9 minutes ago, babadono said:

Strange specs on that amp...1100w bridged into 4 ohms but nothing about how many watts 2 channel into 2 ohms.

Actually that's Mono only when bridging. Per the manual..

Read my post above, Eric will agree.  4 ohms bridged IS two ohms stereo.... As far as most solid state or digital amps are concerned. 

8 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

4 ohms bridged is 2 ohms stereo. 

A stereo amp that can be bridged and run a 4 ohm load implies that in stereo it should be able to run 2 - 2 ohm loads. But no mention of it in the specs. That's all I'm saying.

Peace my brothers.

1 minute ago, babadono said:

A stereo amp that can be bridged and run a 4 ohm load implies that in stereo it should be able to run 2 - 2 ohm loads. But no mention of it in the specs. That's all I'm saying.

4 ohms bridged, the amp is SEEING 2 ohms stereo.  Split the watts, that's what it is.