Trachorn vs. Elliptrac Which Is Better?

geoff.

I was trying to find an old post from DJK, but it's being elusive.

Sooo, he indicated many of the horns have a mineral of some kind added to the plastic to make them less resonant. IIRC, it was about some K-510 horns that were cracking, apparently from too much additive, making the plastic too brittle. 

I'll keep digging...

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Sooo, he indicated many of the horns have a mineral of some kind added to the plastic to make them less resonant. IIRC, it was about some K-510 horns that were cracking, apparently from too much additive, making the plastic too brittle. 

I'll keep digging..

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

I'll keep digging...

First gen 402's and 501's were really bad. It was easy to break chunks off the 501's simply by snugging down screws. I had one with a corner broken out and a visitor that did not quite believe my brittle comment. So I dropped it on the floor and watched his jaw drop next. The 402's cracked easy to but they also sagged in heat and became deformed. The top holes where the 501 mounted for 535 three ways nearly always cracked. Klispch did learn their lesson though and never used that junk again. Bet it cost them good will and money. The broken pieces  reminded one more of cement then plastic.

8 hours ago, Marvel said:

Sooo, he indicated many of the horns have a mineral of some kind added to the plastic to make them less resonant.

Exactly. ABS is fairly soft. The 18 x 10 horn is somewhat more “dense”, so I know it is not just ABS. 

I assume that the seller ZXPC doesn’t know what all his products are made out of and just listed ABS as a generic material. Everything plastic is “ABS”.