F1 Saudi Arabia Grand Prix Highlights

Gilbert

An unusually good year for F1. Two new tracks introduced and two top tier drivers duking it out for the world championship.  Tied for first place are Max Verstappen, aka "Mad Max" aka "The Young Lion" is desperate to dethrone the old Lion, Lewis Hamilton.  Lewis is struggling but determined to get his 8th world championship, and I'm betting he'll get it.

I LOVE FORMULA ONE, this has been the best year in quite a long time. 

2 Red Flags, 3 standing starts....   what a crazy race.  Herman Tilke's gonna catch hell for this track.

Appeared to be the toughest track of the year, by far. In car camera showed how damn deadly this track can be. We watch nearly every race and this was one to remember for sure.Interesting to see what the new hybrid power units will be like once they dump the overly complex and expensive regeneration units currently used. These power applications have zero use in production vehicles and F1 has finally had to throw the towel on this tech. Although I do wish for the good old days of the  V8/10’s singing at 19K. 

3 hours ago, iaRIVR said:

It's just comical when people clearly don't like something because they don't understand it. Giving up an 8th world title to boycott? That's a bit daft to even suggest.

Will you sacrifice for your beliefs or simply pay them lip service? Muhammad Ali gave up his titles for his. And is recognized as The Greatest by his peers. In the end talk is cheap.

2 hours ago, Racer X said:

If you want to watch real racing, watch MotoGP.  ( Or Moto2, Moto3 or MotoE )   F1 and NASCAR pale by comparison.

No doubt MotoGP is intense racing, man On machine opposed to man In machine. And agree with NASCAR being pale in comparison to both Moro and F1. But should we pit one against the other for “real” racing where will you rank the Isle Of Man race? I’m not sure how those boiz  mount the bikes with balls their size -  

23 hours ago, geezin' said:

Calling it out is talk and we all know what is said about the value of talk. If he truly felt it he'd have boycotted the race.

And as far as the image if I have to explain......

Neither boycotted anything during their driving careers.  I doubt Hamilton's contract allows him to pick and choose races.  

38 minutes ago, richieb said:

No doubt MotoGP is intense racing, man On machine opposed to man In machine. And agree with NASCAR being pale in comparison to both Moro and F1. But should we pit one against the other for “real” racing where will you rank the Isle Of Man race? I’m not sure how those boiz  mount the bikes with balls their size -  

Isle Of Man is off the chart.  I don't even have the balls to watch it.  At least at Pikes Peak, you're going uphill, and half of it used to be dirt.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Racer X said:

"You just have to be careful."  Insanity.  But thrilling....

Kawasaki H2R reached 400km/h in 26 seconds , the bike could go faster , but the tires would blow up  -

Then , the Ultimate race on tarmac , racing cars , bike ,  F1 car , and an F16 ,and a private Jet    .

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chassell said:

That race was weird AF. Qatar was best race of the season IMO. Hoping for a barnburner in Abu Dhabi.

I do not believe you'll be disappointed. Both Max and Lewis must temper their aggression and finish to get desired results. And the crews must be spot on all weekend.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 5:19 AM, Racer X said:

If you want to watch real racing, watch MotoGP.  ( Or Moto2, Moto3 or MotoE )   F1 and NASCAR pale by comparison.

F1 and Nascar should never be in the same sentence....Moto GP can be insane Rally racing can rival it almost.... I dont know of anything that rivals the Isle....

• Like 1