F1 Saudi Arabia Grand Prix Highlights

Gilbert

52 minutes ago, juniper said:

F1 and Nascar should never be in the same sentence....Moto GP can be insane Rally racing can rival it almost.... I dont know of anything that rivals the Isle....

Try Irish road racing. particularly the Northwest 200. 

The Isle of Man holds racing events other then the GP. Look it up. Just shorter course not the whole island lap.

Mercedes has filed a protest with 2 claims. No matter how that turns out Max beat Lewis on the tarmac. They got a lot of nerve after Lewis's off track excursion was ignored.

I'm tired of technicalities playing such a large role in sport. One of the reasons I no longer watch NFL. It became blatant when they began over ruling umpires in baseball there's no sport left it's all about the money. The umpire's word was IT. No more. Lawyers.............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Verstappen won the Race  with new Tires ,while Mercedes did not pit  ,bad strategy on MB , they took a risk and they lost   Hamilton had no way to go as fast as the  Red Bull  , in the end ,  the faster car  always  wins -

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 000 said:

Verstapen won the Race  with new Tires ,while Mercedes did not pit  ,bad strategy on MB , they took a risk and they lost   Hamilton had no way to go as fast as the  Red Bull  , in the end ,  the faster car  always  wins -

There was no bad strategy on the part of anyone at MB..... they had an 11 sec. lead over the second place contender who was trapped in slow moving traffic 5 cars behind; MB had no choice in the matter what so ever.  Had Lewis pitted, Verstappen would surely have stayed out and Lewis Hamilton's 11 sec. lead was not adequate to maintain that position had the team chosen to pit him.  Team RedBull were desperate, as soon as Hamilton's car passed the pit entrance, they immediately called Verstappen in, and prayed for a miracle. FIA race director, Michael Massi made good on the miracle by making the unprecedented decision of allowing only the 5 lapped cars (slower moving traffic) that blocked Verstappen to pass the safety car with only one lap to go.  That has never been done in the history of the sport. As per the FIA Reg's, it must be done not less than one lap before the safety car is called off the track.

Michael Massi violated 2 key provisions, and incorrectly sited a third to cover his ***. He's relatively new to the position of Race Director, only his second year. His predecessor, Charley Whting, would never made such error in judgment.

The 2021 F1 season could be summed up as a music concert that was promoted with the promise of having all the worlds best musicians, all playing your favorite songs, but at the last minuet, the venue director made the special announcement, right after you've found your front row seat, that for the next 3 hours you were to be entertained by Yoko Ono.

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

FIA race director, Michael Massi made good on the miracle by making the unprecedented decision of allowing only the 5 lapped cars (slower moving traffic) that blocked Verstappen to pass the safety car with only one lap to go.  That has never been done in the history of the sport. As per the FIA Reg's, it must be done not less than one lap before the safety car is called off the track.

I  would agree with what you said and all F1 Fans were very confused as to the new rules , but once the Race Director allows the 5 slower  cars to pass the safety car , and Verstapen  pits ,  and Hamilton  does not pit ,  this in fact  erodes the 11 second lead of Hamilton down to 0 , and with fresh tires , the RB  car has a huge  advantage  , and the RB wins --the decision by MB not to pit was a mistake that cost MB the championship simply because MB is no longer in a position to challenge a faster car  -

- it would appear that MB will not be appealing the Stewart's  Decision - Michael Massi is also to blame , for changing Rules without a prior meeting with F1 Teams as far as the new changes -

1 hour ago, 000 said:

I  would agree with what you said and all F1 Fans were very confused as to the new rules , but once the Race Director allows the 5 slower  cars to pass the safety car , and Verstapen  pits ,  and Hamilton  does not pit ,  this in fact  erodes the 11 second lead of Hamilton down to 0 , and with fresh tires , the RB  car has a huge  advantage  , and the RB wins --the decision by MB not to pit was a mistake that cost MB the championship simply because MB is no longer in a position to challenge a faster car  -

- it would appear that MB will not be appealing the Stewart's  Decision - Michael Massi is also to blame , for changing Rules without a prior meeting with F1 Teams as far as the new changes -

Allowing the lapped cars to pass is not a new rule. MB was in a catch 22, damned if they did, dammed if they didn't..........   Massi, I suspect unwittingly (I would have hoped) guaranteed RB the victory.

21 hours ago, 000 said:

Honda now have the Better Engine in F1  and the Fastest Car -

No they don't, not at all, but they do have a not-so-secret, secret weapon. The "King Midas" of the aero package design, Mr. Adrian Newey. Every car that mans' hands touch turns into a competitive, championship winning machine.

FWIW, Mercedes abandoned development on the current engine even before the 2021 season began, and that engine is still superior to the current Honda. All their engineering efforts and re$ource$ were long ago ear-tagged for new engine and aero package development ahead of the forthcoming 2022 season and new regulations.

3 hours ago, geezin' said:

Hamilton has been taking lessons from a certain orange hued man.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/59639828

I loved that scrap.....   ole Checo did a stellar job at keeping Hamilton behind.  Checo's tires were shot, yet he was still able to buy his teammate valuable catch-up time so that he could get closer to the back of Hamilton.

On 12/13/2021 at 3:21 PM, Gilbert said:

Allowing the lapped cars to pass is not a new rule. MB was in a catch 22, damned if they did, dammed if they didn't.........

- the rules did not prohibit Hamilton from pitting and taking on new tires ,  while Verstappen did -

the RB won because of  tires ,  Hamilton  would have won the championship if he had new tires ,  the decision by Toto Wolff not to pit cost MB the 2021 championship -

44 minutes ago, 000 said:

- the rules did not prohibit Hamilton from pitting and taking on new tires ,  while Verstapen did -

the RB won because of  tires ,  Hamilton  would have won the championship if he had new tires ,  the decision by Toto Wolff not to pit cost MB the 2021 championship -

LOL, we're pretty dense aren't we.  When it rains outside the ground gets wet, go figure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gilbert said:

LOL, we're pretty dense aren't we. 

hang on ,  here the Latest from F1 , and I quote "   

“We needed the intervention from the racing gods and thank you very much Nicholas Latifi. The Safety Car came at a crucial moment in the championship. It was an important strategy call. The other discussions are a distraction.

“Mercedes made a mistake by not pitting with the Safety Car. We made the right call, [Max] made it work, we used it to our advantage, he made the pass, he’s the world champion.”.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.explained-understanding-one-of-the-most-chaotic-controversial-title.4B98awxwP7JPgBWxIt5KnL.html

On 12/13/2021 at 4:35 PM, RandyH001 said:

hang on ,  here the Latest from F1 , and I quote "   Hang on to what? Facts?.... these are NOT facts.... they're merely comments from RebBull Team Principal, Christian Horner.

“We needed the intervention from the racing gods and thank you very much Nicholas LatifiWrong,  thank you very much Michael Massi is what he was thinking, but he surely can't say that. The Safety Car came at a crucial moment in the championship No one will disagree with that. It was an important strategy call. Wrong, relying on a Safety Car is not a strategy in F1, it's called a Hope and a Prayer? The other discussions are a distraction. Coming from Christian Horner, well..... of course RedBull don't want you to read all the facts.....   Stay WOKE my friend.

“Mercedes made a mistake by not pitting with the Safety Car. We made the right call, [Max] made it work, we used it to our advantage, he made the pass, he’s the world champion.” This particular comment IS the distraction Christian warned you about.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.explained-understanding-one-of-the-most-chaotic-controversial-title.4B98awxwP7JPgBWxIt5KnL.html

Don't need a link to read Christian Horners' comments, I watched the race and have been following F1 for more than 40 years.

Cheers!!  and Christmas came early for Team Red Bull.   Toto now has less than 72 hours to deliver his formal appeal/complaint..... and anyone whos' followed the history of F1 knows the outcome will remain unchanged.

Poor Max, he is Championship material, No Doubt About It......   But his 2021 World Championship, came to be as a direct result of the most controversial race and last-lap FIA decision in the history of F1; and Michael Massi's decision will forever be a shytstain on the sport of F1.

RACE RESULTS:  There were no real winners' in the last race, only losers, and the biggest loser was the sport of F1, followed by Lewis Hamilton and all F1 Fans.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, Gilbert said:

the biggest loser was  Lewis Hamilton

Gil  ,watch this video at  36 seconds ----Hamilton is not very happy ,  , although  he had a perfect race thus far ,   it's simply impossible for Hamilton  to compete with  Verstappen's new tires   ,  terrible race , lousy race , I think we both agree that this aint F1  racing -

Hamilton and Verstapen should have both been on New tires on the last lap   -

On 12/6/2021 at 10:00 AM, geezin' said:

Sir Lewis says he's opposed to racing in Saudi Arabia for humanitarian reasons. However he will not put his money where his mouth is.

f1then now.jpg

There's no shortage of people, haters and fans alike, that have poked fun at Hamilton's clothing. Aside from being one of the best of all time F1 racers, he also fancies himself a clothing designer, and at one time, a rap artist. While his success inside the F1 arena has deservedly earned him a "Knighthood", a la Sir Jackie....    His ventures into Clothing Design and Rap Music have, how do we say.....  fallen short of his expectation. Personally, after seeing him in that first all purple clown suit with matching socks, about 2 years ago, I thought, "Do street pimps still wear that shyt."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RandyH001 said:

Gil  ,watch this video at  36 seconds ----Hamilton is not very happy ,  , although  he had a perfect race thus far ,   it's simply impossible for Hamilton  to compete with  Verstapen's new tires  I realized that about 0.000000001 seconds after Max pitted. ,  terrible race , lousy race , I don't think I would call it a terrible race or anything like that, what was terrible was the officiating. I think we both agree that this aint F1  racing -  Hence, Toto Wolff's formal appeal.  But knowing the politics of F1, the FIA will NEVER retract a decision. They may modify or amend "some how?" a bad decision, but they won't change it. Michael Massi has created a dark cloud that will follow the sport for a good while.  My money is all on Hamilton for next year.  He's not going to leave it for the stewards to the decide.

Hamilton and Verstapen should have both been on New tires on the last lap   -

Not sure if you're aware, but Max Verstappen  break-checked Hamilton at nearly 180 mph during the Saudi race. He initially claimed to have just slowed down, but within a hour after the race, the FIA issued a statement regarding Max's race car telemetry. Specifically that it indicated a neg. force of 2.4G that occurred the instant before Hamilton almost got caught up and nearly crashed into him.  Had Max been successful with that stunt, he would have won the championship one race earlier.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 8:50 PM, Gilbert said:

Not sure if you're aware, but Max Verstappen  break-checked Hamilton at nearly 180 mph during the Saudi race. He initially claimed to have just slowed down, but within a hour after the race, the FIA issued a statement regarding Max's race car telemetry. Specifically that it indicated a neg. force of 2.4G that occurred the instant before Hamilton almost got caught up and nearly crashed into him.  Had Max been successful with that stunt, he would have won the championship one race earlier

you're forgetting Hamilton's British GP escapade ,  Hamilton could have eliminated Verstappen for the season , and much earlier than the Saudi race -:D