Glass tops to protect Chorus2?

jfjacques

Hello - 

I have Chorus 2 in Oiled Walnut - finish is fantastic still and they are holding up well with annual Howards treatment. Question - I went to a friends recently and he had some smoked glass cut as protective tops for his Cornwalls - wondering if I should do this to further protect the tops of the Chorus and if anyone with walnut oiled Klipsch (any model) may have done this and have pictures to share??? 

Thanks! James 

• Like 1

Something like the massive car front end bras that were big a number of years back. Maybe it holds some value if you sell the car someday but every other day all you see is a big black blanket on the car. But, on point, It might make sense to have glass tops in the closet to pull out when entertaining or you have young ones in the house. Otherwise, why spoil the appearance of the natural wood? 

On 12/6/2021 at 9:08 AM, jfjacques said:

wondering if I should do this to further protect the tops of the Chorus and if anyone with walnut oiled Klipsch (any model) may have done this and have pictures to share??? 

Thanks! James 

The 19" Sunfire glass bases are almost the exact size of the Chorus II tops 

profilepic.jpg

• Like 3

[mention=43179]jfjacques[/mention] -- just go to a glass shop (the kind that does shower doors, etc.) and get them to cut some for you.  won't cost much at all.
I did this for my KLF-30's. It was really affordable.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DavidF said:

Something like the massive car front end bras that were big a number of years back. Maybe it holds some value if you sell the car someday but every other day all you see is a big black blanket on the car. But, on point, It might make sense to have glass tops in the closet to pull out when entertaining or you have young ones in the house. Otherwise, why spoil the appearance of the natural wood? 

I forgot to mention that with 4 kids in the house, and a true love of the oiled walnut look, it would alleviate my constant stress not only when entertaining but on day to day keeping them pristine 

• Like 1

With apologies to the OP for not owning the same model or finish he has, my 'Scalas in Raw Birch wear tempered, smoked glass toppers.  You definitely lose the view of the wood grain and finish, but gain a significant measure of protection with the glass panels.  And you always have the option of removing the glass for those special occasions whenever you want to show off your C-IIs in their "natural state."

IMG_0455.JPG

• Like 1

Yes; have glass tops on my Cornwall's and CF-3's.  But; using "clear" glass which IMO looks much better. Watch out for glass shop prices ... they can vary as much as 400% :) 

Add-on ... make sure they give you the little round "discs" for this :) 

On 12/8/2021 at 2:26 PM, scalawag said:

With apologies to the OP for not owning the same model or finish he has, my 'Scalas in Raw Birch wear tempered, smoked glass toppers.  You definitely lose the view of the wood grain and finish, but gain a significant measure of protection with the glass panels.  And you always have the option of removing the glass for those special occasions whenever you want to show off your C-IIs in their "natural state."

IMG_0455.JPG

Man , is that glass absolutely Beautiful , and Mint Raw Birch Lascala cabs to Boot , truly stunning -