Chorus II (1990): Midrange Horn that can be used with A55G/2?

StevePaul

Good Evening Forum Members,

New to this forum...but old-ish speaker builder (first built pair: EV 8" 3-way kit in 1981).  

I am the original owner of a pair of 1990 Chorus II's...and want to 'play' a little without cutting up the boxes.

Current modifications:

* Crites X-overs

* LMAHL V2 tweeters

***I recently purchased a pair of A55G/2 mid drivers-knowing that they won't fit the K61 horn without an adaptor.  I don't want to utilize an adaptor if it can be avoided.

3 Questions: Are the mid-horns from the KP-301's the same horns used in the Chorus II (with a threaded insert)?  If so, how can I get my hands on a pair?  Are there any other horns that I may be able to fit into the motor board, or on top of the cabinet?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Steve  

23 minutes ago, Marvel said:

@StevePaul

What are the dimensions of the mouth on the Chorus II?

I have horns from a kp-302/3002, threaded insert for a 1" driver.

11 3/8 x 6 13/16.

20211206_210313.jpg

20211206_210247.jpg

The horn dimensions are exactly the same in the Chorus II :  11.375” x 6.6875”.  

Are you planning on holding on to those horns or maybe selling them?

Steve

3 hours ago, StevePaul said:

Good Evening Forum Members,

***I recently purchased a pair of A55G/2 mid drivers-knowing that they won't fit the K61 horn without an adaptor.  I don't want to utilize an adaptor if it can be avoided.

3 Questions: Are the mid-horns from the KP-301's the same horns used in the Chorus II (with a threaded insert)?  If so, how can I get my hands on a pair?  Are there any other horns that I may be able to fit into the motor board, or on top of the cabinet?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Steve  

The 301-II mid horns and KI-362 mid horns plus a couple of the Pro 2-way speakers had them can't remember the exact models. Here's my old thread on the topic:

• Like 1

Just now, StevePaul said:

Thank you…I will cal them in the morning for the #130027.  

Let us know here if they are and keep us updated I really think you're going to love this mod it really opens up the mids and smooths them out quite a bit