Jump to content

La Scala Woes


Desert Noises
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jason str said:

For sure, still have Grandpas Milwaukee. Just used it to shrink the plastic over my crappy windows.IMG_20220125_130619492.thumb.jpg.a954e5192d9a4a37895bd4e89d25bca4.jpg

 

That’s a classic piece of gear!  With luck, it may live longer than you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jason str said:

For sure, still have Grandpas Milwaukee. Just used it to shrink the plastic over my crappy windows.IMG_20220125_130619492.thumb.jpg.a954e5192d9a4a37895bd4e89d25bca4.jpg

I have this dryer. Came with the house when we bought it and it keeps chugging along. The washing machine is a few years newer. I had to put new dogs in the agitator last year as the agitator stopped working. It was stupid simple and it works like a champ again. I will hold on to these forever!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

I leave for a few hours and you turn your La Scalas into laundry machines. Well, whatever makes you happy. 

I rewired my La Scala washing machine with monster cable and my towels come out whiter now.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Desert Noises said:

I have this dryer. Came with the house when we bought it and it keeps chugging along. The washing machine is a few years newer. I had to put new dogs in the agitator last year as the agitator stopped working. It was stupid simple and it works like a champ again. I will hold on to these forever!

Yea, I did the dogs, springs, clutch (very important), pads and rebuilt the transmission even though it just needed a shaft. 

 

If thew clutch wears out the shaft teeth can wear each time it goes through a cycle.  The Whirlpool clutch felt the same as the old one but did work. 

 

The dryer was even easier.  I cleaned everything and replaced a few wheels that hold the barrel.  Runs like a champ. Ready for another 30 years.

 

1 hour ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

I leave for a few hours and you turn your La Scalas into laundry machines. Well, whatever makes you happy. 

I got my washer and dryer and La Scalas confused.  About the same size. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, captainbeefheart said:

 

The Armana brand is the same as Whirlpool, all the same parts and same design. I found a working one on the side of the road this summer and gutted all the good parts from it and scrapped the sheet metal at our towns recycling center. More parts to keep my dryer running forever.

 

Whirlpool makes / made these for a few brands.  I have a Kenmore Washer and Whirlpoool dryer.  Bought them in 1991 when I bought my first house. 

 

My mother bought a really expensive Maytag washer that lasted three years.  Common leaky bearing problem.  A shame. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...