Balanced XLR Inputs on Amp

nmorris43

There is a correct way to interface an unbalanced (RCA) output to an balanced (XLR) input. See Edgar's link in post above. And contrary to his opinion I don't think it it obsessive....it is just the correct way to do it.

Monoprice's RCA to XLR cables are wired the correct way.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4777&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2vOC6oPa9AIVTD6tBh2OcQAmEAQYASABEgKQfvD_BwE

your pre amp will NOT automatically have the duplicate source impedance as shown in the link but the Monoprice Cables will work. You will just have no common mode rejection without the duplicate impedance.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

There is a correct way to interface an unbalanced (RCA) output to an balanced (XLR) input. See Edgar's link in post above. And contrary to his opinion I don't think it it obsessive....it is just the correct way to do it.

Monoprice's RCA to XLR cables are wired the correct way.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=4777&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2vOC6oPa9AIVTD6tBh2OcQAmEAQYASABEgKQfvD_BwE

your pre amp will NOT automatically have the duplicate source impedance as shown in the link but the Monoprice Cables will work. You will just have no common mode rejection without the duplicate impedance.

Thanks.... I will be needing new cables for this and this sounds like a good option.