Well, That Was Exciting ...

Edgar

10 hours ago, Edgar said:

According to Doppler RADAR, a tornado just passed right overhead. I didn't see anything -- I was cowering in the basement. No damage here, so it must have been airborne.

Not the sort of thing one expects mid-December.

Hope you brought your speakers to the basement with you!

Being in East TN, I don't think we have much to worry about.  That said, I just took the dogs out for a walk.  I got them ready, put my coat on and opened the door.

It is essentially hot and humid outside, very strange.  Sky's are tinted with red.

Hope everyone is/stays safe.

34 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

Hope you brought your speakers to the basement with you!

Actually, just my phone and the NAS drive that I use to back up my computers.

It went by incredibly quickly. When the news said, "It's now in Chesterfield Valley (MO) headed east-northeast, I headed for the basement. Left the TV on upstairs so that I could hear the updates. By the time I finished texting my family to say I'd taken shelter, the news said, "It's about to hit Maryland Heights (MO)," which meant that it passed literally right over me. Then it apparently went over Lambert airport and on to Edwardsville, IL. Unbelievably fast.

Severe damage in Defiance, MO, and Edwardsville, IL. Don't know if that was one tornado or multiple.

This one was bad, possible record breaking path on the ground, just scary looking in the nighttime video. Then afterwards the drone video of obliteration, not just "structural damage" Best wishes for all those affected by this one and the others Friday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Sunday morning, I bought a spare chainsaw and drove 4 hours to Dawson Springs to help with the cleanup. Went there again this weekend and was able to help a few more families tarp roofs, saw trees and remove debris, debris which used to be someone's belongings. A rough time of year to be doing outside work, and they're just starting. I feel for them.  

20211219_154210.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2