RF-7 III Question...

jdmccall

...Is the RF-7 III similar to the Cornwall IV in terms of transparency?  Is it similarly revealing of upstream components and of source material?  I've had a fair amount of listening time with Cornwall IV's but I've never heard RF-7's of any version.

I guess that's two questions.🤭

3 hours ago, jdmccall said:

...Is the RF-7 III similar to the Cornwall IV in terms of transparency?  Is it similarly revealing of upstream components and of source material?

I would say yes it is.  Kind of a double edged sword like many Klipsch speakers.  They can reveal the best of recordings as well as the worst.  

Bill

Thanks, guys.  I reckon you two ought to know!  I'm pondering trying a pair of B-stock RF-7III's to possibly replace my JBL Studio 590's.  I love the 590's performance but their styling is not exactly front-room friendly (even if it's the front room of the basement!).

Yeah, I would definitely hand it to the cornwalls in the clarity and detail departments.  But due to my ears, my system, my source material, or some combination of the three, they seem to me to have too much of a good thing.  In contrast, I can listen to the 590's for hours. 

But the RF-7's are tempting with their cherry veneer and copper cones🤪.  I had a pair of RF-82 II's for a while that I actually enjoyed more than the cornwalls.  But I'm afraid I would run into the same issue with the RF-7's: too much detail retrieval for me!

I've run the idea of getting the RF-7's past my financial manager (otherwise known as SWMBO).  Initial feedback was not positive🤕

On 12/13/2021 at 2:03 AM, jdmccall said:

Yeah, I would definitely hand it to the cornwalls in the clarity and detail departments.  But due to my ears, my system, my source material, or some combination of the three, they seem to me to have too much of a good thing.  In contrast, I can listen to the 590's for hours. 

But the RF-7's are tempting with their cherry veneer and copper cones🤪.  I had a pair of RF-82 II's for a while that I actually enjoyed more than the cornwalls.  But I'm afraid I would run into the same issue with the RF-7's: too much detail retrieval for me!

I've run the idea of getting the RF-7's past my financial manager (otherwise known as SWMBO).  Initial feedback was not positive🤕

I have RF82 II  also that I am currently jamming to and have been kicking around the idea of getting a pair of RF7's for a couple months.  I love my RF82 but at high volumes the highs can make me cringe at times. I am really hoping the RF7's are not like that.

9 hours ago, Alex Bable said:

I have RF82 II  also that I am currently jamming to and have been kicking around the idea of getting a pair of RF7's for a couple months.  I love my RF82 but at high volumes the highs can make me cringe at times. I am really hoping the RF7's are not like that.

Welcome!

☕