Need quick advice on my RF-62iis'

Dr_jitsu

LOL...sold them, thanks.

I saw that Frys had a pair for $200 3 years ago...but then I saw that no one was able to buy any at that price. I then saw several people asking $475 on Ebay, which I think is high. 

Things are just so crazy now, prices have soared on so many things that it is hard to get a good target. But honestly, for a typical HT set up, especially as rears these are a deal. I have been asking $575 for my RF-82's and have only had 2 interested parties so maybe I should come down on those. 

• Like 1

200 bucks was a steal, but fair on 62II's. You can't get decent books for that. $400 is what I paid for a pair of 82lIs, and sold them for the same a year later, both sets from Frys. As a bonus one guy said how about the DCM KX12's I had in my garage ? I said eh...not looking to sell. He said here's $400 for those instead of 82's, I said ok, you must really like em'. he did.

• Like 1

Yes, I think I will go $475 on the 82's....but will be firm. Someone offered me $575 for BOTH pair of 82's, and of course I said no.

In fact I will (when I get around to it) offer them up here for $475, although I am not excited to ship them. The 82s are a bit sharp for music but are great for HT.

Edited by Dr_jitsu
  • Like 1

Someone offered my $400 and I said $450 was my bottom line. I might have gone $425 for a quick and easy sale but no lower. Everything is SOARING in prices right now. Electronics and bikes are insane. The price of 2 bikes I bought (expensive habit) have nearly doubled. Shipping costs are insane. We just bought phones and that was nuts. 

Even though I am running a 5.2 and the 82s are sitting speakers will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no speakers, LOL.

I recently (this year) purchased pristine RF-62II's for $200 (With a cheap Yamaha receiver too!) and a black pair of RF-82's for $400 (Very small mark in the vinyl on the side of one speaker)

Ebay, Craigslist, etc. are all over the place for pricing.  Ultimately, when selling, I start at what I ideally want out of a set of speakers.  If after awhile there are no inquiries, I lower the price a bit and wait.  You will eventually get an offer at what they are worth...or at least what someone is willing to pay for them.  You just can't be in a hurry to sell! (or buy for that matter)