Matching center and surrounds for Forte IV

Mikekid

On 12/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, Mikekid said:

My son will be buying Forte IV's in the near future. Are there any new Klipsch versions that would be a good center and surrounds match? He will be putting a 5.2 system together? Thanks much!

Heresy center of any type will work. Thanks!

• Like 1

Thank You billybob. (and everyone too!) We discussed this (son) some time ago because I have 2 Heresy II's I was ready to give him. The problem with his 'new' house is that it too is the typical fireplace on the middle of the wall where the 'system' should go, or the only place it would have even worked at all in a living room including nice large windows. He's having to place his large panel tv above it. Seems a trend that sucks for this. He has a thick, real wood shelf above the fire place and will be putting a smaller center on it and directly below the bottom edge of the tv.  Luckily, the shelf is not all that high above the fire box, sure have seen much worse for this. The tv much lower than most, but still safe from heat and of course fire. He ordered the new Forte 4's recently and man they sure are purty! Distressed oak with blonde grills. He has ordered among the new line of Klipsch in black for the center and rears. Larger bookshelves and the center as large as he could.. Going to take some adjusting for sure.  We just hope close enough~  Hope all is good with you and yours billybob~👌

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mikekid said:

Thank You billybob. (and everyone too!) We discussed this (son) some time ago because I have 2 Heresy II's I was ready to give him. The problem with his 'new' house is that it too is the typical fireplace on the middle of the wall where the 'system' should go, or the only place it would have even worked at all in a living room including nice large windows. He's having to place his large panel tv above it. Seems a trend that sucks for this. He has a thick, real wood shelf above the fire place and will be putting a smaller center on it and directly below the bottom edge of the tv.  Luckily, the shelf is not all that high above the fire box, sure have seen much worse for this. The tv much lower than most, but still safe from heat and of course fire. He ordered the new Forte 4's recently and man they sure are purty! Distressed oak with blonde grills. He has ordered among the new line of Klipsch in black for the center and rears. Larger bookshelves and the center as large as he could.. Going to take some adjusting for sure.  We just hope close enough~  Hope all is good with you and yours billbob~👌

My Solution

IMG_3137.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mikekid said:

Thank You billybob. (and everyone too!) We discussed this (son) some time ago because I have 2 Heresy II's I was ready to give him. The problem with his 'new' house is that it too is the typical fireplace on the middle of the wall where the 'system' should go, or the only place it would have even worked at all in a living room including nice large windows. He's having to place his large panel tv above it. Seems a trend that sucks for this. He has a thick, real wood shelf above the fire place and will be putting a smaller center on it and directly below the bottom edge of the tv.  Luckily, the shelf is not all that high above the fire box, sure have seen much worse for this. The tv much lower than most, but still safe from heat and of course fire. He ordered the new Forte 4's recently and man they sure are purty! Distressed oak with blonde grills. He has ordered among the new line of Klipsch in black for the center and rears. Larger bookshelves and the center as large as he could.. Going to take some adjusting for sure.  We just hope close enough~  Hope all is good with you and yours billybob~👌

Thanks and Happy New Year!

• Like 1

rebuy: My sons living room has very tall cathedral ceilings, but yours is pretty similar with that fireplace there. His wood shelf appears lower but, pics you know can be deceiving. I have seen nothing in person as he lives in Ohio now, us still in Montana.  He is going to have his room finished up next few weeks. I will post a few pics then. Thank you! 👌

On 12/31/2022 at 10:58 AM, Mikekid said:

rebuy: My sons living room has very tall cathedral ceilings, but yours is pretty similar with that fireplace there. His wood shelf appears lower but, pics you know can be deceiving. I have seen nothing in person as he lives in Ohio now, us still in Montana.  He is going to have his room finished up next few weeks. I will post a few pics then. Thank you! 👌

I run my centers through an amp hooked up to the Marantz

since the center only has one output.

I just moved the RF 82II's to the center position

because they're less Bassy. The sound is dead center

from the Klipsch as center. Sounds a Lot better than a 

Center Speaker also. 

• Like 1