I think Klipsch should get into the studio monitor industry

GraysonG263

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't already. Studio monitors is a what - multimillion/billion dollar industry? And with the quality that Klipsch brings to the table, I think they could blow this market wide open. I, for one, would absolutely love a pair of Klipsch studio monitors for my computer.

• Like 1

I believe Roy built a set of custom speakers for a studio, for a family member IIRC.

I've thought the same thing, though. There have been studios that have used different Klipsch models. Bradley's Barn in Nashville used some. Burl Audio has some in the studio they test and use their products. I'm sure there are lots more.

3 hours ago, YK Thom said:

I don't think it is actually that large of a market. There are only so many studios and so many people who want these types of speakers for home use.

Klipsch sells lots of product, though. They could be added to the pro line

On 12/16/2021 at 12:59 PM, GraysonG263 said:

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't already. Studio monitors is a what - multimillion/billion dollar industry? And with the quality that Klipsch brings to the table, I think they could blow this market wide open. I, for one, would absolutely love a pair of Klipsch studio monitors for my computer.

klipsch used to manufacture very expensive series called the Palladium ,  these speakers were Studio quality analog speakers , and some of the best speakers in the World , but these are no longer manufactured -

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 3:55 PM, Marvel said:

I believe Roy built a set of custom speakers for a studio, for a family member IIRC.

I've thought the same thing, though. There have been studios that have used different Klipsch models. Bradley's Barn in Nashville used some. Burl Audio has some in the studio they test and use their products. I'm sure there are lots more.

My Heresys were used for verifying the mix on a CD before being sent to the mastering service, and then used for the CD release party with the band.

🧐

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 9:59 AM, GraysonG263 said:

When I bought my KP-301-II's from an estate sale they were pulled from a private studio-- 

23 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

When I bought my KP-301-II's from an estate sale they were pulled from a private studio-- 

I have sold more KP-301's and KPT-456's to Nashville area studios than anything else.As a matter of fact they only call me when I have those here.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:08 PM, YK Thom said:

I don't think it is actually that large of a market. There are only so many studios and so many people who want these types of speakers for home use.

I agree. Also consider Klipsch's parent company also owns several other speaker companies and they can't spread themselves too thin...

• Like 1

klipsch does have a  speaker that can be considered as a Studio Quality speaker with DSP , the 75th Klipsch Heritage Jubilee  , the Jube is in the same league as the 67k$ pair of Tannoy Westminster , if not even better  -

On 12/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, GraysonG263 said:

Here ya go: 

6 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

klipsch does have a  speaker that can be considered as a Studio Quality speaker with DSP , the 75th Klipsch Heritage Jubilee  , the Jube is in the same league as the 67k$ pair of Tannoy Westminster , if not even better  -

15 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

A magnificent speaker but in no way a studio monitor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Why not?   

Size?  The Jubilee is really great, but in nearly all of the pictures of control rooms that I’ve seen, the mixing board dominates the room, with just two or four little powered speakers sitting on a shelf close to the window.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Size?  The Jubilee is really great, but in nearly all of the pictures of control rooms that I’ve seen, the mixing board dominates the room, with just two or four little powered speakers sitting on a shelf close to the window.

Pfffft.....  they simply need a larger shelf, problem fixed.  (dang Canadians, always putting nick nacks on their shelves instead of the important things in life)

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Why not?   

As Islander mentioned, size. Any studio I have been in or worked in (did a fair bit of radio and voice over work in the past), has had space limitations. That being the case, accurate, smaller sized near field speakers facing the mixing board were utilized. One of the reasons the legendary BBC LS3/5 series speakers were originally developed. I suppose a very large studio could make good use of a modern Jubilee.