I think Klipsch should get into the studio monitor industry

GraysonG263

They list for $205,000, but it's not a quadruple set. The bottoms don't have the mid/tweeter part. It'stheir top of the line model, all the dsp and amps built in, controllabe over the network. Response 20-25kHz., over 8Kw in amplifiers. 8 ten in. woofers, approx. 3 inch soft dome mid and 1.5 inch soft dome tweeter.

PMC QB1 XBD-A

( comes with your choice of earplugs or Bose noise cancelling headphones. 🤪)

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Those go down to 25Hz and are loaded with three really nice amplifiers (200/100/50). They are still a relatively small company and everything is done in house and built mostly by hand from the ground up (even the amplifiers).

It's been a long time since I listened to them Dean, I thought 60hz was the end of the -2 db and then they had a "cut off" which I think they specified as something like 6 or 10 db down and they listed it as 25hz. The DSP eq was +6db at 40HZ which I thought was interesting. 

The Harbeth BBC is unlistenable, the NS-10s are ok if you stuff toilet paper in the tweeters (which is the industry standard, or was, maybe they have been updated?). 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Yep, you’re right.

“The amplitude linearity of the SCM150ASL Pro is specified at ±2 dB from 60 Hz to 12 kHz, with -6 dB free-standing half-power response specified at 25 Hz and 20 kHz.“

NS-10. Crazy.

https://happymag.tv/yamaha-ns10/

Great article, thanks for sharing it:

"The prevalence of the NS10 is often attributed to Clearmountain who used NS10s on many influential releases in the 1980s including Roxy Music’s Avalon, David Bowie’s Let’s Dance, Bruce Springsteen’s Born in the USA. He is also credited for being one of the first recording engineers to hang tissue paper over the tweeter to dull the overbearing trebles, resulting in a type of comb filter."

• Haha 2