Date of Manufacture

Pancake

I have two questions, first question - The La Scala's i purchased "used" in 1986 have serial numbers for the upper halves 1977 & 1978 and the lower halves 1766 & 1767.  is there a way to find out when they were manufactured?  I have always wanted more information about them, they are my favorite piece of equipment. 

Second question - Sometime in the 90's I purchased a used pair of Heresy 1's, the serial numbers are unknow, but according to the parts installed i know they were built in the Sixth Series time frame.  Do you know what years the Sixth Series was manufactured?

Thanks, Chuck

IMG_3696.JPG

• Like 1

1766 & 1767 LF's shipped to Ideal Acoustics on 12/11/80.  1977 & 1978 HF's shipped to Ideal Acoustics on 3/3/81.  No idea why the delay.  Speculating, it could have been a driver "supply chain" issue!  Also, no idea on "Sixth Series".

• Like 2

Somewhere on this Forum someone stated the Heresy 1's were built at different stages with different Part Number components.  The document regarded them as series, at the end of the Six series they called them Heresy II's   This was news to me too, but since it came from this Forum i believed it.   What i would like to know is more information regarding my La Scala's.  I have yet to see any like the ones i have.

Wow, interesting that is who i purchased them from "Ideal Acoustics" in September 1986, I paid $1200.00 for them, and they were worth every penny.  Thanks

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, Pancake said:

Hope you can read these, the last picture was cleaning day.  LOL

The Lascala speakers you own are LSI splits  ---for Lascala Industrial .......2 piece cabs , these speakers have the K43 woofer for higher power handling . versus the K33 woofer, as well as terminal cups with  binding posts and fuse holders , there are separate binding posts for the bass bin , they also have optional  handles and slightly  thicker non-resonating plywood -