Where can I find replacement phenolic diaphragms for the K53K squawker?

Pete Fowler

7 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

as mentioned above, critesspeakers.com is a long time, respected supplier of parts.  also jemperformanceaudio.com is a supplier of official klipsch parts.

I believe Crites no longer sells these and JEM only sells capacitors as far as I know. A quick search on the web shows they are no longer in stock with the exception of our friends over at ZXPC-- 

A few options; buy new from above find used plenty out there, move to titanium drivers or switch it up and get the new tractrix horn like in the Heresy IV and go with the A55-G

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I believe Crites no longer sells these and JEM only sells capacitors as far as I know. A quick search on the web shows they are no longer in stock with the exception of our friends over at ZXPC-- 

it is true that i couldn't find any diaphram info on the crites website.  i also couldn't say what jim and jem has.  can't hurt to give them a call -- they both tend to provide good advice.

2 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

it is true that i couldn't find any diaphram info on the crites website.  i also couldn't say what jim and jem has.  can't hurt to give them a call -- they both tend to provide good advice.

Crites is not an authorized klipsch dealer , these parts are only Manufactured by klipsch , and there are no aftermarkets of these diaphragms -

12 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

they are no longer in stock with the exception of our friends over at ZXPC-- 

12 hours ago, Pete Fowler said:

Hi All - I recently noticed the squawker in one of my H2's was down in output below 2kHz - turns out the voice coil DCR is up to 28ohms. It still plays but it's down 7-8dB. I can't find any source for a replacement. Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Pete

Tx @jjptkd    ,   2 left  http://www.zxpc.us/product-p/331730450862.htm

• Thanks 1

I've ordered two units from LASE - will update this thread once they arrive. I'm curious to compare my original set to these since the site doesn't claim they are OEM or Klipsch parts. Fortunately I still have one working original to use as a baseline.

On a different topic - I've ported my H2's and replaced the K24's with Dayton PA310-8's (inspired by this thread -

)

Would it be interesting to share the xover mods, etc. I needed to make those woofers work in the H2's?

Thanks again to all!

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update as promised - I ordered from zxpc (LASE) on Dec. 17th - and...nuttin'. The order is still 'Processing'. Tried two emails and a phone call - no response. Since they're a small company I'm thinking the covid spike may have impacted them. I will give them another week...

PeteF

• 2 weeks later...