B&C DE85TN vs DCM50

mopardave

16 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Why not try one of the Radian drivers with Beryllium diaphragms. Hey, it’s only money. 

Dean

I know nothing about those til now.  How do they sound compared to the B&C stuff?   I looked at the specs and 3 drivers with 2" dia and seems only spec that different is the weight and the price. All 500hz to 20,000k.   

1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

I've got a pair of DCM 50's I'm not using right now if you want to give them a try.

Hahaha, you always have something Kevin. What else do you have?    The DCM50 won’t fit in my cabinets with my current horns.    What your opinion between the 50’s and bc85 drivers sonically to your ear?

58 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Hahaha, you always have something Kevin. What else do you have?    The DCM50 won’t fit in my cabinets with my current horns.    What your opinion between the 50’s and bc85 drivers sonically to your ear?

Thinking about building another pair of cabinets.   Looking for the perfect driver/horn combo and thinking a 510 or 603m might be what im looking for.

19 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

The Selenium D-405 isn't very deep, but the magnet is about 6 inches in diameter and weighs 20 lbs. I got a pair I'm not using...

The 510 horn looks to be very short. Think i could use any driver with it.    So, really don't think im limited on space there.

• Like 1

I was thinking for your current set-up. Just to see what they sounded like.

I was thinking for your current set-up. Just to see what they sounded like.

OK, ya know, i'm fairly happy with everything right now, except the bass is not perfect.     When you add attenuation to the mid are you in return, turning the bass up or down as a result with the mid being turned down?