Epic CF3's on Ebay, in Ohio.

Shiva

nice speakers love teh cherry finish & a reasonable (starting) price   ,    the garage sale may be free   ,     but from a sellers perspective ebay gets a LOT more exposure & the ability to let bidders raise the price a lot more than the starting bid which is usually well worth the ~10% ebay charges on the sale price.    

8 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

nice speakers love the cherry finish & a reasonable (starting) price   ,    the garage sale may be free   ,     but from a sellers perspective ebay gets a LOT more exposure & the ability to let bidders raise the price a lot more than the starting bid which is usually well worth the ~10% ebay charges on the sale price.    

EpicKlipschFan,

Please note two things about the sale that minimize eBay advantages:

1. This is a buy-it-now auction, so the bid is not going to go up. The first bidder wins.

2. It is local pick-up only so there is no big benefit to paying a commission for national exposure 

If they posted on a free forum like Klipsch or Craig's the sales price could probably be $700 for the same net return as eBay.

But the seller is a business (DaytonIT), which offers eBay listing services. So they may just be selling the speakers on consignment, in which case my comments are worthless 🤣🤣🤣

Just my three cents,

triceratops

15 hours ago, Shiva said:

For those in Ohio, a very nice looking pair of CF3's and the price is right as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144335565934?hash=item219b11f46e:g:TXwAAOSw2xhhvSbX

@Shiva    the seller is also selling the speakers directly for 720$  ,for Forum members , the savings are 80$ plus the OHIO EBAY sales tax-

here's the link would you like to post it --https://daytonit.com/DaytonUsedAudio.htm

• Like 2

9 hours ago, triceratops said:

1. This is a buy-it-now auction, so the bid is not going to go up. The first bidder wins.

2. It is local pick-up only so there is no big benefit to paying a commission for national exposure 

If they posted on a free forum like Klipsch or Craig's the sales price could probably be $700 for the same net return as eBay.

But the seller is a business (DaytonIT), which offers eBay listing services. So they may just be selling the speakers on consignment, in which case my comments are worthless 🤣🤣🤣

Just my three cents,

triceratops

You'd be surprised I've sold online local and eBay for 15 years each website has it's own following while many will search multiple sites I've ran into plenty of people who have completely written off certain places like Craigslist or even eBay so it can certainly help to list an item in multiple spots. With the fees of eBay seller's just have to add that to the price. If I have a local sale and also list it on eBay (which I've done many times) I always state in the eBay listing that the item is listed locally at a discount to encourage people to contact me through the local listing to save us both money in fees and taxes. 

11 hours ago, triceratops said:

EpicKlipschFan,

Just my three cents,

triceratops

i realize this is a buy it now sale... i was speaking generally about ebay auctions & the "garage sale is free" comment.  however, even on BIN listings i have done on ebay i have had people offer MORE than the BIN price, & all ebay sales usually have their fees worked into the price so in the end ebay is essentially free too.  have also had buyers message me on ebay & we arrange the sale outside ebay & avoid their fees which saves me & the buyer money. 

& local pick up only doesnt mean much at all when many people have driven 5-10+ hours round trip to buy speakers. ebay gets nationwide exposure that a brand specifc forum will never do, lots of klipsch & vintage buyers & collectors out there that arent members on this forum. 

i too have been selling home audio & classic automotive parts online for 20+ years & its always best to list on multiple locations both locally & ebay, but cant deny the exposure ebay gets & the high possibility to get more than the starting price.  some things i will list here only, at a discount & favor to members, ive sold K-horns & many other models of klipsch to members here at a much better price than ebay or even CL & FB could have got, just passing on the favors & help i have received by some generous members here over the years.