La Scala's at auction - Cleveland, OH

uteman1011

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, uteman1011 said:

Sheesh.  $2900 final, plus taxes and 16% buyer premium!  Someone really wanted those! :)

I wonder how it  really works , are the speakers on consignment  for a client  ?  and  Hi-Bid   get a cut of 16 %  of the final selling price , or do these speakers belong to  Hi-Bid  , and they buy used speakers , and sell Nationwide  through their auction web site -

It's a multitude of scenarios.  Hi-Bid doesn't own anything.  It's an Auction/Advertising site that Estate companies, Bankruptcy liquidation companies, overstock liquidation companies, etc can all join to advertise local or on-line auctions.  Most of what I share from them is Estate Sales/Auctions. 

So these are often speakers that Grandpa had and the kids just let the Estate Sale company handle.  The Estate liquidation company takes that premium.
I have seen consignments at times over the years, but that's usually a small percentage of what's seen.

There's a bunch of Amazon overstock & returns sellers in Utah that use the site.