What is the best woofer match for the Cornscala?

mopardave

3 hours ago, geezin' said:

Crites Style D considered a CornScala?

I'd call it for what is; Crites Style D two-way...single cab or split cab.

I listened to the two-way split style D. That convinced me enough to go through the trouble to put all the components for Crites Style D into a Jensen Concerto "ultra-flex" cabinets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Based and just words here, it appears you have yet to reduce your "top end" Horns' output low enough. It's ALL speaker designs are relative to the woofer output, which always needs the most power to operate. It's a question of Balance in a Real ROOM, which your DIY speakers have yet to achieve. So you should have another GO at that further high end reduction before you try other woofers. But hey, it's YOUR time and money, trying to please your Ears!

That's good advice.  I will try adding some attenuation in this large room before i spring for the new woofers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyH001 said:

Dave , Which Woofer did you decide on ?  

It's between the Crites 1526 stamped basket and the new K33E.   I'm leaning towards the K33, because i don't want to introduce any boomyness.  I listened to the Crites cast basket and to me sounded a bit boomy.  I have not tried the stamped basket.  Assuming the stamped basket will have the same effect.  

1 hour ago, mopardave said:

Assuming the stamped basket will have the same effect.  

Not according to my simulations. FYI,  I have returned my Cornwalls back to Original Klipsch Components (except for Cap refresh) to sell them at the highest price on Ebay.

BTW, what you have is NOT a Cornwall in the purist sense, and according to Roy Delgado.

21 minutes ago, jason str said:

Don't let me hurt your feelings, just poking a little fun.

Same is true with those Dodge products, once you switch out the camshaft, valve springs, pistons, fuel system, exhaust and gearing it changes the characteristics of the vehicle.

Yes and i love those kind of changes.

10 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Yeah, its a new combo i'm putting together to replace my current 511BB.  They make at least 800hp, sometimes 900hp N/A, no power adders.

good , less pulleys and  less height out of the hood , with some of these tall engines , you can barely see ahead of the windshield when you're driving

checkout the  Orange Barracuda