What is the best woofer match for the Cornscala?

mopardave

31 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

good , less pulleys and  less height out of the hood , with some of these tall engines , you can barely see ahead of the windshield when you're driving

checkout the  Orange Barracuda

That's beautiful. I like the the black steel wheels and no rear wing.  Very clean look.

6 minutes ago, jason str said:

Looks nice. Had a few Mopar of various years myself & remember often replacing flex plates and various valve train issues. Fun when they run.

Yeah, they don't have those issues anymore. Better quality parts now. I could drive my car anywhere and it has a 5400 stall in it.  Runs like it has fuel injection, very reliable.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 4:08 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Not according to my simulations. FYI,  I have returned my Cornwalls back to Original Klipsch Components (except for Cap refresh) to sell them at the highest price on Ebay.

BTW, what you have is NOT a Cornwall in the purist sense, and according to Roy Delgado.

I haven't ordered new woofers yet as i'm still playing with adjustments and really need the room closed off to get a good listen in the upper db range.  I did change the attenuation 1db(from 7db to 8db) and it seems a move in the right direction, it's hard to tell with only 1bd adjustment. I also tried some different preamp tubes i had laying around. The Electro Harmonics 12AX7 GOLD.  These little babies made i nice improvement in the sound stage opening it up a bunch and brought out strings and cymbals a bit more.   Over all, it's sound pretty badass, but i'm still looking for a bit more bass. I might make another adjustment on the mid attenuation and set it a 9db. This should bring out a bit more bass.  With the B&C 85TN mid driver spec at 107db and the Kappalite 3015LF at 96, that would give a 2db spread between woofer and mid.