RF-3 stands?

Sharkmatic

I have the large Rhombus sized RF-3s that were on walls previously as the surrounds. I'm in a new house and cannot attach them to walls. Do you recommend stands? If so, which ones? I can't seem to find stands to hold these behemoths. Or should I get rid of them and get different surrounds?

BTW, I have KHorns AK-2s from the 80s and a Center. I'm only looking for surrounds for 5.1 audio (no video) and was just looking for stands for the RF-3s but can't seem to find any!

Thanks for your time!

Mark

• Like 1

There should be a fair amount of stands that work with the RS-3's.  I've seen a fair share of them out there, but I couldn't tell you what they are.  I've always had mine on the walls.  You should be able to use just about any stand that doesn't use guides or screws (using padded feet and grips) that can be used for surrounds.

Just my two cents. I found to have much better bass response by using pucks like these:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/4-x-Dynavox-Aluminium-F-sse-30-x-10-mm-Absorber-Entkoppler-Ger-te-F-sse-12729/292051405734?pageci=f7152437-9585-4bc7-abb7-025a0fbdce52&epid=1678043284&redirect=mobile

Just in case the OEM stands should prove difficult to get.

On 12/25/2021 at 7:26 PM, billybob said:

Yes, the floorstanders are the RF-3s. The surround speakers are the RS-3 model. You could possibly do a search for stands using the forum for ideas.

Meanwhile Merry Christmas and someone will be along eventually.

@Sharkmatic

Hey. Since you were previously talking about stands and seeing that you are a Heritage member, I thought to ask a question: I am probably going to be getting the Forte IV but I am not that happy with it's plinth, unlike the handsome one on the previous Forte III, this one on the IV's seems less like a plinth and more like just a riser or sorts, or just four 2x2. I would like to raise the Forte IV up a little more, maybe about 2" to 4" and have a slight 15 degree tilt backwards. I like to create a plinth like the Forte III for the IV's any suggestions on how to do this? Should I remove the risers on the IV's all together and secure a 2" to 4" thick base to the speaker? Maybe make the base a little shorter and install four sound isolation feet and just adjust their height forward and back to get the speaker cabinet to have a back tilting 15 degree angle?  

• Like 1

@Mark in PA

The easiest thing would be to get 2 bamboo boards , about 1 " thick with the dimensions of width of 16.63 " and a depth of 13 ". This will decouple the Forte IV better from the floor through the bamboo and increase the distance from the floor. I would do without the 15 ° angle change because then the radiation pattern of the midrange and tweeter is directed over your ears and your head in the direction of the ceiling. Thus, you are no longer sitting in the stereo stage.  The Forte IV is not designed for this kind of angle change.

JMTC

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 12:22 PM, MicroMara said:

@Mark in PA

The easiest thing would be to get 2 bamboo boards , about 1 " thick with the dimensions of width of 16.63 " and a depth of 13 ". This will decouple the Forte IV better from the floor through the bamboo and increase the distance from the floor. I would do without the 15 ° angle change because then the radiation pattern of the midrange and tweeter is directed over your ears and your head in the direction of the ceiling. Thus, you are no longer sitting in the stereo stage.  The Forte IV is not designed for this kind of angle change.

JMTC

Thanks for the suggestion. I also noticed I made an error. I didn't mean a 15 degree tilt but a 5 degree tilt. But still, I understand your view point and it'll just be best to lift them the height I want without any tilt whatsoever. Thanks

• Like 1