umik-1 set up

mopardave

46 minutes ago, mopardave said:

I don't understand how to set this up.  Why do i need audio out on my laptop? I thought i could just use my tube amp for that.    

It appears as though REW wants to run its own signal generation from your computer to the stereo then measure that output through the Mic and back into the computer.

https://www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-measurements/umik-1-setup-with-rew

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

It appears as though REW wants to run its own signal generation from your computer to the stereo then measure that output through the Mic and back into the computer.

https://www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-measurements/umik-1-setup-with-rew

I see, ok i'll barrow my wifes laptop and see if i can figure this out.  I will have to use my Marantz surround receiver to do this because the tube amp does not have a HDMI plug.     Thanks for the info.

Yep, a laptop works best.  Connect the UMIK via its USB cable to the laptop.  Then go to the miniDSP website and look under the UMIK section because you'll need to enter the serial number of the UMIK to download two calibration files unique to that UMIK in order for it to work properly.

The regular file is for measuring speakers, the 90 degree file is for measuring subwoofers.

Happy to help if you need any more assistance!

7 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Yep, a laptop works best.  Connect the UMIK via its USB cable to the laptop.  Then go to the miniDSP website and look under the UMIK section because you'll need to enter the serial number of the UMIK to download two calibration files unique to that UMIK in order for it to work properly.

The regular file is for measuring speakers, the 90 degree file is for measuring subwoofers.

Happy to help if you need any more assistance!

Thank you . Will see if i can get this done later today.     

• Like 1