Klipsch One cancels bass notes

mopardave

Anyone here have a Klipsch One?  I bought this for my wife several years ago.   It has always had the issue of cancelling bass notes.  I removed the bottom cover to see if the speakers were wired correctly and they are wired correctly.  Its very hard to listen to with the volume going up and down with bass notes.    Anyone else have this issue?

Anyone here have a Klipsch One?  I bought this for my wife several years ago.   It has always had the issue of cancelling bass notes.  I removed the bottom cover to see if the speakers were wired correctly and they are wired correctly.  Its very hard to listen to with the volume going up and down with bass notes.    Anyone else have this issue?

What’s your source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ONE  was not know known  for deep bass,  although it has a 4.5 inch subwoofer  

the only thing you can do is  a FACTORY RESET   for the ONE speaker -.......to see if that does correct anything   , BUT  it will clear the

Bluetooth® pairing

FACTORY RESET

*NOTE* Factory Reset will clear the Bluetooth® pairing history*

https://d2um2qdswy1tb0.cloudfront.net/product-manuals/The-One-Manual-v3.pdf

Blue tooth.

What’s the source of the music? Many APPs offers music that is highly compressed and if there is loud bass passages it may be cut back in the compression. There is one radio station I listened to on “My Tuner” and there was so much compression that at times there was a breathing effect. I too was using blue tooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave my daughter one of those when we refinished her kitchen. It is a very nice sounding unit. Plenty of bass if positioned properly. Just bought another one for her uncle who was amazed at hers. There definitely is some software (firmware) tweaking going on with the sound. It is compensating for the physics of this small unit. Sounds like yours is overcompensating a bit. Hopefully it is just a reset, give that a try. Both units we are using seem to be working as designed. Good luck.

5 hours ago, RandyH001 said:

The ONE  was not know known  for deep bass,  although it has a 4.5 inch subwoofer  

the only thing you can do is  a FACTORY RESET   for the ONE speaker -.......to see if that does correct anything   , BUT  it will clear the

Bluetooth® pairing

FACTORY RESET

*NOTE* Factory Reset will clear the Bluetooth® pairing history*

https://d2um2qdswy1tb0.cloudfront.net/product-manuals/The-One-Manual-v3.pdf

Thanks, i'll check that out.

• 3 weeks later...