Does anyone use the Klipsch Heritage Theater Bar?

mjcmt

Yes, was trying to find an alternative to older center channel speakers when posted it recently. Looks like it may fill some customers bill. Been out for a bit now but, have not looked for a review. Think may be 50 percent off. Maybe.

Almost looks like a sub and bar all that is needed besides something to drive center.

So no one replying has really been using it?

I like the fact that it's a passive unit to choose my own electronics. I would think that hanging on the wall adds sound re-enforcement and 3D vs. on a shelf but I don't know as I've never heard. Wondering how fine the $2.2K theater bar sounds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjcmt said:

So no one replying has really been using it?

I like the fact that it's a passive unit to choose my own electronics. I would think that hanging on the wall adds sound re-enforcement and 3D vs. on a shelf but I don't know as I've never heard. Wondering how fine the $2.2K theater bar sounds.

Maybe they'll be on super sale 

and we can find out.

1 hour ago, billybob said:

By the looks of it. Like The passive part. Not a center but,

more LCR  inside. Like 3 speaker sets. Maybe someone will try one for a center sometime.

I wouldn't use it as a Center channel because of the quoted comment. My guess is it wouldn't work with either a Heritage or Reference HT system

• Like 1

10 hours ago, billybob said:

By the looks of it. Like The passive part. Not a center but,

more LCR  inside. Like 3 speaker sets. Maybe someone will try one for a center sometime.

I'll bet you could use it for a center and surrounds and a Heritage speakers like the Forte for the L&R, because my Yamaha AVR has a "Front" setting if you have the place you surrounds in the front because of space. It may sound a bit weird inside your L&R speakers. Regardless, I think the Theater Bar is a great concept w/ super-high WAF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjcmt said:

I'll bet you could use it for a center and surrounds and a Heritage speakers like the Forte for the L&R, because my Yamaha AVR has a "Front" setting if you have the place you surrounds in the front because of space. It may sound a bit weird inside your L&R speakers. Regardless, I think the Theater Bar is a great concept w/ super-high WAF.

It seems I misunderstood the question, but I wouldn't use it as a Center channel with L & R speakers. It would be like having 3 centers that aren't voice-matched to the mains and neither is what you want in Home Theater...Otoh, it is a nice looking sound bar if that's what you are looking for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjcmt said:

Glad it got your attention as that was my purpose. On its own for movies, cannot help but think it would serve it's purpose. Center duty just my curiosity. 

5 hours ago, mjcmt said:

Looks beautiful in this set up. LCR is all you need for most viewing. 

The Theater Bar has 3 individual  modules of 2 woofers and 1 HF  so L-C-R 3.0 setup with Spring Loaded terminals for the L-C-R  to the Amplifier/Receiver , the Standard  is 49,5"  with options for  custom-size Bars from 42"  or higher .

The Bar can be set in a 5.1 configuration with Rears L-R  /Subwoofer  .

The available Klipsch subwoofers /3.1 setup that blend are push-pull ,  active-passive 300 and 400 watts -

31 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

The Theater Bar has 3 individual  modules of 2 woofers and 1 HF  so L-C-R 3.0 setup with Spring Loaded terminals for the L-C-R  to the Amplifier/Receiver , the Standard  is 49,5"  with options for  custom-size Bars from 42"  or higher .

The Bar can be set in a 5.1 configuration with Rears L-R  /Subwoofer  .

The available Klipsch subwoofers /3.1 setup that blend are push-pull ,  active-passive 300 and 400 watts -

Yes it's a beautiful starting point. If I wanted 5.1 I'd add their wireless bookshelves and sub, but can see myself stopping at 3.0 as I listen to 2.0 now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mjcmt said:

Yes it's a beautiful starting point. If I wanted 5.1 I'd add their wireless bookshelves and sub, but can see myself stopping at 3.0 as I listen to 2.0 now.

Powered Wireless speakers  add noise ( pops - static -hissing ) while klipsch Heritage or Reference Passive  Speakers are dead quiet  .

53 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

Powered Wireless speakers  add noise ( pops - static -hissing ) while klipsch Heritage or Reference Passive  Speakers are dead quiet  .

Good to know, but it's cleaner without unsightly long run of wires to rear surrounds when an in-wall wire or even a prewire is not impossible.