Krell KAV 300r

byson1

I had the Krell HT Standard/Krell Showcase preamp. and while it had the signature Krell sound it was an ergonomic nightmare to use.  It was not logical to use and was like each department was assigned an area and no one communicated with anyone else. I kept it for a couple of months and sold it

I would see if...

1: You can demo it for functionality and sound

2: You can return it for a full refund if you do not like the way it works or sounds.

3: If it has ever been serviced (electronics tend to need servicing due to age).

• Thanks 1

It's a great integrated w/ a nice tuner if it's the receiver version. Power doubles from 8 to 4 ohms. My friend had one at the time and said it was the best amp he had, better his Naim before. It's Krell 1st integrated and an earlier design and the sound is hard and clinical by all accounts, but I'd still love to have one. Can your speakers and room handle its ruthless sound?

15 hours ago, mjcmt said:

It's a great integrated w/ a nice tuner if it's the receiver version. Power doubles from 8 to 4 ohms. My friend had one at the time and said it was the best amp he had, better his Naim before. It's Krell 1st integrated and an earlier design and the sound is hard and clinical by all accounts, but I'd still love to have one. Can your speakers and room handle its ruthless sound?

Not sure…..Forte 1, 14’ x 30’ room.  

I owned the 300i which is identical except for the tuner on the 300r. I agree with the others - not really a great pairing with Klipsch.

I think the Krell would sound amazing with some B&W, KEF or similar-sounding speaker. 

Willing to share the asking price on that 300r?

10 minutes ago, mimalmo said:

I owned the 300i which is identical except for the tuner on the 300r. I agree with the others - not really a great pairing with Klipsch.

I think the Krell would sound amazing with some B&W, KEF or similar-sounding speaker. 

B&W 800 series and Krell do not mix well, too bright.  Classe and McIntosh work much better. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mimalmo said:

$800