Heresy ii trouble shooting

John Gio

I've had my Heresy iis for about 6 years Yesterday the left side went quiet No snaps crackles or pops just silence. I have switched cables around and the right channel is consistent but the left is dead. Both channels on my receiver will power up the working speaker. I'm at a loss. Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to the forums, John!

Do your HIIs have the original crossovers or have they been replaced?

Do they have the rectangular terminal cups or the round ones?

I'm thinking, off the top of my head now, that this has replacement crossovers, which are usually mounted in the bottom of the cabinet. The replacements then have the two wires from the input terminals down to the crossover board. If one of those came loose the whole speaker would be dead. Original crossover for these are on a printed circuit board mounted to the back of the terminal cups. Not as likely for the whole thing to stop working.

Bruce

Bruce They are original and rectangular. The gentleman I purchased them from Recapped them and they've sounded beautiful since I've had them. I pulled the crossover out and everything seems connected. I'm going to pull it out again and take a closer look, I'm probably over thinking this and hoping it's something simple. I do have current at the terminals. Any advice on what to look for would greatly be appreciated. The problems got to be in the crossover Right? If all else fails You think Replacements or repair the originals. Thanks

24 minutes ago, John Gio said:

Bruce They are original and rectangular. The gentleman I purchased them from Recapped them and they've sounded beautiful since I've had them. I pulled the crossover out and everything seems connected. I'm going to pull it out again and take a closer look, I'm probably over thinking this and hoping it's something simple. I do have current at the terminals. Any advice on what to look for would greatly be appreciated. The problems got to be in the crossover Right? If all else fails You think Replacements or repair the originals. Thanks

I'd check the dead speaker with a meter. Then follow the traces on the crossover to find the open connection.

53 minutes ago, John Gio said:

Please take out the Crossover from the Right speaker , remove the left crossover and swap the Right crossover into the Left Speaker ................do that resolve the issue for the left speaker  ? , now take the Left crossover and swap it into the Right speaker  , is the Right speaker dead or in operation ?

Well, I've been out running errands all day...

If you have a meter, I would check the resistance across the terminals of each cabinet (no speaker leads to amp connected). They will be dc resistance and not the impedance of the speakers.