new member: introduction

cvb

I’m new member, but an old fan of Klipsch speakers.  A little introduction. I’m Dutch, so English is not my native language.  My interest in Klipsch started in 1988. My father was an officer in the Dutch army and worked on NATO military bases In Europe. He had the opportunity to shop in duty free shops. He showed me Klipsch la Scala speakers, which were sold for, what now would be, 900,-  euro a pair. These were blanc varnished versions with a grill and the AL2 filter. Together with my nephew we bought two pairs.

I had these for 8 years and really liked them. Presence, authority, the woofer horn, although in didn’t go very low. I liked them most on lower music levels with classical music, voices and jazz.  What I did not like was the harshness in the upper midrange. On louder music levels it was apparent for me. From what I read on your platform it must have been the aluminium midhorn.  I wish I knew back then, there are other midrange horns now.

After study I moved to a smaller house, and I gave the la Scala’s to my girlfriend how really liked them.

After that I had, in short, tannoy dual concentric 15” speakers, Quad ESL electrostatics, Martin Logan CLS electrostatics. All great speakers, but I missed something.

Ten years ago, heard the Heresy 3 speakers and I liked them a lot. They reminded me of the la Scala a bit and I bought them. I still have them today. I build two tapped horn subwoofers designed by Lilmike to support them. Lately I experiment with adding a super tweeter, which gives a little more air.

Now I start reading about la Scala plans with  alternative midhorns. It makes me curious. Thanks.

heresy thuis 20211230.jpg

• Like 2