*Finally!* Completed my 5 Heresy surround setup!

wuzzzer

A ton of thanks goes out to Mike @Rowan611!  He sold me the Heresy pair that he inherited from his father about 10 years ago.  They are my new surround speakers, replacing a pair of RS-7s.

I did what I've done to my Heresy LCR: opened them up, loosened and tightened all the screws in the crossover to ensure a good connection.  I had a ton of 3/8" wide speaker gasket foam from Parts Express left over so I sealed the backs of both of them as well.  That's all I'm going to do to them, at least for now.

I adjusted their output level to match them with everything else and put on Star Wars IX to test them out.  It was a definite improvement in overall blending of sound from front to surround.  I believe these are considered Heresy 1.5 since they have the E-2 crossover and K-53-K midrange so they aren't exactly the same as my LCR with K-55-V midrange and E crossover.  But, they sound fantastic and I can't wait to listen to some multichannel music on them!

Extremely happy that I finally have my 5 Heresys!  😀

Screenshot_20211230-163316_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20211230-163313_Photos.jpg

• Like 8

A ton of thanks goes out to Mike [mention=57667]Rowan611[/mention]!  He sold me the Heresy pair that he inherited from his father about 10 years ago.  They are my new surround speakers, replacing a pair of RS-7s.

I did what I've done to my Heresy LCR: opened them up, loosened and tightened all the screws in the crossover to ensure a good connection.  I had a ton of 3/8" wide speaker gasket foam from Parts Express left over so I sealed the backs of both of them as well.  That's all I'm going to do to them, at least for now.

I adjusted their output level to match them with everything else and put on Star Wars IX to test them out.  It was a definite improvement in overall blending of sound from front to surround.  I believe these are considered Heresy 1.5 since they have the E-2 crossover and K-53-K midrange so they aren't exactly the same as my LCR with K-55-V midrange and E crossover.  But, they sound fantastic and I can't wait to listen to some multichannel music on them!

Extremely happy that I finally have my 5 Heresys!  [emoji3]

Screenshot_20211230-163316_Photos.thumb.jpg.aa6144e53b1284bf5a6c636a9e3ee38f.jpg
Screenshot_20211230-163313_Photos.thumb.jpg.a381609bc16b9a89d6884994a0ff2832.jpg

Hey Mark. Already taking care of them! Exactly why I sold them to you. I hope you enjoy them for many more years. There is a small part of me that misses just having them. But, I’m glad they’re being put to good use.

I really do need to get up to your house and listen to your room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Spent the past few days watching movies and concerts and I have to say I'm done!  Done searching craigslist multiple times a day for Klipsch.  Done searching Facebook marketplace multiple times a day for Klipsch.  Done searching eBay multiple times a day for Klipsch.  I finally have the setup I'm 100% happy with!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

@wuzzzer, great to hear you have your setup finished. I am nearly there... 4 Heresy. My centre channel right now is a pair of Cambridge Audio Aero 2 bookshelf speakers... I might build a Heresy clone. The Aero do ok, they crossover very low so midrange that the centre channel handles is all in the HF/MF driver which is why I bought them. I don’t get any audible distortion from using 2 either. But a 5th Heresy would be nice... I should build one.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Spent the past few days watching movies and concerts and I have to say I'm done!  Done searching craigslist multiple times a day for Klipsch.  Done searching Facebook marketplace multiple times a day for Klipsch.  Done searching eBay multiple times a day for Klipsch.  I finally have the setup I'm 100% happy with!

I'm very happy for you too. I share your experience with both of my main listening spaces finally coming around these last several years. What I can wish for you the most is that this feeling you have now stays with you for a very long time. Just enjoy what you have, and postpone the My 5X Super Heresy build thread for as long as possible.

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 10:02 PM, wuzzzer said:

- Oh, you silly boy. You ain’t done. So long as you continue an “audiophile” - you ain’t done — 

• Haha 1

I am happy for you wuzzzer, this audio hobby of mine going on over 45 years. I quit telling myself that I am done, although I thought I come close to being done a few times 

Then you read about some new gear on this forum that you have determined that you need one also.

Rich

On 1/1/2022 at 11:02 PM, wuzzzer said:

Done searching eBay multiple times a day for Klipsch.  I finally have the setup I'm 100% happy with!

But... Have you yet met the redhead version?  Omg, something to behold... Then you have the blond or brunette versions...