ARCAM AVR390 (or other/better AVR) to drive Forte IVs?

khanz

Has anyone used the Arcam AVRs with the Forte (IVs preferably)? Any other recommendations for the Forte IVs? primary use will be HT, TV shows. Will be used with the RP504c center channel, along with 2 (in ceiling) Atmos and 2 (in ceiling) surrounds.

Edited by khanz

• khanz changed the title to ARCAM AVR390 (or other/better AVR) to drive Forte IVs?
12 hours ago, khanz said:

Has anyone used the Arcam AVRs with the Forte (IVs preferably)? Any other recommendations for the Forte IVs? primary use will be HT, TV shows. Will be used with the RP504c center channel, along with 2 (in ceiling) Atmos and 2 (in ceiling) surrounds.

Welcome back. Let's ask them.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:08 PM, billybob said:

Here are some specs,etc.:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ruhn6TxaMfH/p_410AVR390B/Arcam-AVR390.html?

Is this new or other you are considering? Return policy?

@khanz

I am able to order a new one. So far, based on what I've read online, brands like ARCAM, NAD etc are more focused on better sound quality due to superior components, whereas, OTS brands such as Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer, Denon, Yamaha etc are more feature rich from a $$$ value for the money.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, khanz said:

So far, based on what I've read online, brands like ARCAM, NAD etc are more focused on better sound quality due to superior components, whereas, OTS brands such as Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer, Denon, Yamaha etc are more feature rich from a $$$ value for the money.

From my experience, you have to go up to near flagship models of the more consumer brands to get better build/quality parts that are geared more to sound quality.  

Bill

• Like 2

10 hours ago, khanz said:

I am able to order a new one. So far, based on what I've read online, brands like ARCAM, NAD etc are more focused on better sound quality due to superior components, whereas, OTS brands such as Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer, Denon, Yamaha etc are more feature rich from a $$$ value for the money.

Will be interested in your impression if you go the Arcam route. Thanks!

• Like 1