New integrated amp for RP-600M speakers?

Dr Morbius

Hey guys,  just picked up a pair of RP 600M Gloss Black speakers (Wife wanted that finish) and they are going in a living room, soon to be built and they will be putting out sound from a 70" Samsung tv and also music from a Bluesound Vault 2 sound system. I already have a few tube amps for other places in the soon to built house and for my wife solid state is what I'm looking for in the the living room. For spending under $500 (tight budget)  I find my choices for a fine sounding amp to be:  1) Nad D3020 V2

2) Denon PMA 600NE

3) Yamaha A-S301 BL

4) Nad-C316 BEE

I don't have much knowledge on SS amps and I've heard Yamaha is more tube like in sound than Denon, or is it the other way around?  And know next to nothing of Nad but it has some good reviews, and maybe someone knows something better than these I've picked?  Oh also the living room is 17 feet on the speaker wall and goes back about 40 feet to the kitchen.  No subwoofer output necessary. If it comes with it, fine.

Any help would be super appreciated 

23 hours ago, Dr Morbius said:

Yamaha A-S301 BL

the Yamaha A-S501..549$  -   85wpc , built in DAC

https://www.safeandsoundhq.com/products/yamaha-a-s501-stereo-integrated-amplifier-with-built-in-dac?variant=31369310961775

Nad D3020 V2....................30wpc

Denon PMA 600NE......... .  45wpc 

Yamaha A-S301............... . 60wpc

Nad-C316 BEE.................. 40wpc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyH said:

the  Yamaha A-S501 is on sale 549$  ------free shipping -it pretty much beats these 4 amps with 85 wpc -

1) Nad D3020 V2

2) Denon PMA 600NE

3) Yamaha A-S301

4) Nad-C316 BEE

https://www.safeandsoundhq.com/products/yamaha-a-s501-stereo-integrated-amplifier-with-built-in-dac?variant=31369310961775

All good choices but add this to your short list.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denpma800ne/denon-pma-800ne-integrated-amplifier-w/built-in-dac/1.html#!specifications

Bill

• Like 1

Melo,  I like H/K but the TV doesn't have RCA connectors  and willand, that Yamaha is with tax at $600 and budget is $500 plus it's reconditioned and I don't need the extra 10 watts - 40 to 60 watts should be fine with these speakers.  I understand the NAD-C316 BEE is a very nice clean sounding amp (audiophile quality)  Does anyone have experience with NAD's or does the Yamaha A-S301 best it for quality sound? Or is Denon better than Yamaha? 

4 hours ago, Dr Morbius said:

I understand the NAD-C316 BEE is a very nice clean sounding amp (audiophile quality)  Does anyone have experience with NAD's or does the Yamaha A-S301 best it for quality sound? Or is Denon better than Yamaha? 

I have experience will all three of those brands and have been more than pleased with all.

I currently have NAD in two different rigs and Yamaha in another.  I have owned several 80's/90's Denon integrated amps.

Bill

I had a few NAD components in the past but no amp and nothing recent. One recent Yamaha lower end AV receiver. Right now the internet opinion seems to be that Yamaha is more reliable. My older NAD stuff still works but I have not bought in years. My recent purchase Yamaha works, but is only 1-1/2 years old. It sounds like you want value for $ and I assume "worry free", so the preponderance of internet reviews seem to say, "Yamaha."