Klipsch turntable

mopardave

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Guess also, you are looking at a manual player as opposed to any auto features. Have you pretty much settled or open?

Thinking the price is open and now looking around 500.

Well, number one, i look at the beauty of the player. It has to look good to be on my audio shelf. Two, the specs. It has to be a great audio player. Three is the price.  Being i am just getting into albums again.  I don't want to be disappointed with the audio compared to my Marantz 8005 cd player and as a result the money i wasted.    So, i'm looking at less than $2500.00 for now, but not etched in stone as i like the EAT C sharp at about $5100 with a jo no5 mc cartridge.   I like the API's too, but that is really stretching my budget.  I like this API, but its way over my budget and i wonder how much better it could be at over twice the price of the EAT player.  I doubt it would give twice the performance. The specs are very close.

AVPITTPRMSIGR_1024x1024    VPI.jpg

• Like 1

Specs on a turntable will tell you nothing. Pick a tried and true design and get someone to do a professional setup if you aren’t capable. I would spend almost as much on the phono stage as the table, this is where the rubber meets the road. A 300.00 cartridge on a good table with an excellent phono preamp will sound better than a 3k cartridge with a mediocre table/pre.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Pick a tried and true design... I would spend almost as much on the phono stage as the table...

Agreed. There is a reason Linn turntables have only improved, not become "gee whiz" concepts, since 1972. Think of them as the La Scala of turntables...  

Ditto for Technics if DD is your style.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mopardave said:

Prefer belt driven.

I am going to disappoint you , but the Best TT's in 2022 are not belt driven ,  because of  pitch variations which are history on a Technics SL1200MK7  (1200$ ) ,  a used Linn LP12 ,( 2500$  and up  ) is the closer equivalent  if you prefer Belt Drive  as the machining  is exceptional  .

-  here is the Latest Technics SP-10R , the Coreless motor is currently cutting Edge ( also used in the SL1200 since 2016 ).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mopardave said:

Well, number one, i look at the beauty of the player. It has to look good to be on my audio shelf. Two, the specs. It has to be a great audio player. Three is the price.  Being i am just getting into albums again.  I don't want to be disappointed with the audio compared to my Marantz 8005 cd player and as a result the money i wasted.    So, i'm looking at less than $2500.00 for now, but not etched in stone as i like the EAT C sharp at about $5100 with a jo no5 mc cartridge.   I like the API's too, but that is really stretching my budget.  I like this API, but its way over my budget and i wonder how much better it could be at over twice the price of the EAT player.  I doubt it would give twice the performance. The specs are very close.

AVPITTPRMSIGR_1024x1024    VPI.jpg

i guessing you mean VPI and not API

4 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Specs on a turntable will tell you nothing. Pick a tried and true design and get someone to do a professional setup if you aren’t capable. I would spend almost as much on the phono stage as the table, this is where the rubber meets the road. A 300.00 cartridge on a good table with an excellent phono preamp will sound better than a 3k cartridge with a mediocre table/pre.

Why are the specs not worth reading?   Would it be because the measures are not audible to the human ear anyway?    Kevin on here has agree'd to set up a TT for me if i wish.

• Like 1