Klipsch turntable

mopardave

4 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Specs on a turntable will tell you nothing. Pick a tried and true design and get someone to do a professional setup if you aren’t capable. I would spend almost as much on the phono stage as the table, this is where the rubber meets the road. A 300.00 cartridge on a good table with an excellent phono preamp will sound better than a 3k cartridge with a mediocre table/pre.

I have been reading about the jo no5 mc cartridge.  Has fairly good reviews from what i have read.  Upscale sells this cartridge for about 12 or 1300 bucks.

eajono5_1-mc-LARGE_large.jpg

Bought my Linn new in 79 or 80 and have NEVER had a problem.  Recapped last summer and a new Dynavector  20X2H.  All I can say is WOW!  Tom @ Overture Audio in Ann Arbor is a God.  40 years working on tables.  I'm an annual repeat offender for routine maintenance.  Give him a call he's a great guy and fairly close too.

11 hours ago, mopardave said:

Nice, which model VPI table is that?

although it looks like it would fit right in the VPI family of TT's,  it is actually made by Oracle

the number one reason i bought a VPI Turntabe is because its made in the USA

keep your eyes open over on AudioGon they have really nice used VPI's all the time

8 hours ago, RandyH said:

this is not a VPI , it's an ORACLE  DELPHI MK IV  Signature ,with an SME arm ,  ( Quebec Canada )

Yes, i caught that later and took a teak at the Oracle line up, then posted the pic above.     I believe the Oracle is the best out there.

Too rich for my blood... I rarely listen to vinyl and have only a small collection of LPs. I found two Technic SL1200MkII, in a pawn shop for $350. They had been used by a dj... I took the risk and bought them. Other than needing a good cleaning and cartridges, they were fine. I sold one for $300 and kept the second. I put an Orofon Red on it.

20220102_110136~2.jpg

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Good catch Marvel! Out of interest i looked up the Technics and they go for at least 400$ here in Germany.

That's about where they start here. This is totally silent, and reaches speed in less than one revolution.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Marvel said:

That's about where they start here. This is totally silent, and reaches speed in less than one revolution.

Direct Drive TT`s are still better than all these belt driven TT´s . Belt driven TT´s can be produced much more cheaper, are beautifully packaged ..it's all just marketing

• Like 2