FS: 1976 Decorator Series Cornwalls, $2,000, Portland, Oregon

garthbernstein

A beautiful pair of 1976 Klipch Cornwall speakers, Decorator edition, I purchased these four years ago from a guy who had them in storage for 30 years, they work 100% and sound great. I replaced both the tweeters and woofers with Crites replacements, and also replaced the original crossover for a B2 Crites crossover. I also upgraded the speaker posts, and upgraded the interior wiring with the famous Jena Labs wires. As the late Bob Crites said about these speakers: "they are the most souped up Cornwalls out there!" I'm sure some purists would not advocate the replacement parts, but in my opinion the Crites speakers and crossover are a tremendous upgrade while keeping the integrity of the Klipsch sound.

These are consecutive serial numbers, 2S 237 and 2S 238, indicating a 1978 vintage. There are some superficial scratches on the top of one speaker, and overall these are in decent condition for their age, not perfect, but they look nice. Speaker risers included, happy new year!

IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5081.jpg

Edited by garthbernstein
  • Like 1

• garthbernstein changed the title to FS: 1978 Decorator Series Cornwalls, $2,000, Portland, Oregon
3 hours ago, garthbernstein said:

These are consecutive serial numbers, 2S 237 and 2S 238, indicating a 1978 vintage.

IMG_5081.jpg

the serial no on this Tag  at the rear .....shows 8P95X while you stated the serial nos are  2S 237 /  2S 238, , are  the pictures shown the actual speakers for sale  ?  GLWTS

• garthbernstein changed the title to FS: 1976 Decorator Series Cornwalls, $2,000, Portland, Oregon
7 hours ago, garthbernstein said:

Oops! I was reading the wrong specs from my other Klipschs'!  Thanks for catching that, the actual serial numbers:  8P954, 8P955, signifying a 1976 year built, updating the post now, thank you!

your welcome sir

i knew there was something wrong in your last picture showing the P in the serial number. very easy to get mixed up when you have other klipsch speakers

• Like 1

• 4 months later...