Outdoor TV Recommendation (55")

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

I'm getting a new outdoor TV, it's under a covered patio, so I can get by with a "full shade" rated outdoor TV. 

I'm looking at the Samsung:

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/the-terrace/55-class-the-terrace-qled-4k-uhd-hdr-smart-tv-qn55lst7tafxza/

And the SunBrite Veranda series:

https://www.sunbritetv.com/products/televisions/veranda-patio-outdoor-4k-tv/55-inch-outdoor-weatherproof-4k-television

Anyone have experience with either of these, or any recommendations for something else?

Thanks in advance

Travis

• Like 2

Too expensive for me.
Under patio I used a 55" Vizio cheap enough to replace every few years. One year in all good.

For the pavilion I am building the following for a 65" Samsung. TV $400, lift was about $250 and then the 2x4s and vinyl laminate flooring. 

https://www.firgelliauto.com/blogs/tv-lifts/how-to-build-a-tv-lift-cabinet

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Anyone have experience with either of these, or any recommendations for something else?

Sorry, no.

But I'm on my 3rd blistering summer (house faces south) and winter (complete with snow) and my Seura 65" 4K is going strong. Zero regrets even considering the silly, high price. It is a true dream to view/use. Yes you can buy a regular TV and replace them ever few seasons, but before you do try putting your existing TV outside, in bright sun, with your sunglasses on. See if you can tolerate watching TV for any length of time. If so great. I could not. Its like having the right tool for the job, yes you can make an adjustable wrench work, but....

My wife routinely remarks on how it is the nicest "TV" we have ever had....including our 96" screen and 4K projector.

https://www.seura.com/products/outdoor-tvs?keyword_session_id=vt~adwords|kt~seura+outdoor+tv|mt~e|ta~444677795008&_vsrefdom=wordstream&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=seura+outdoor+tv&utm_campaign=Outdoor+TV&utm_source=adwords&hsa_cam=197067476&hsa_ver=3&hsa_src=g&hsa_ad=444677795008&hsa_grp=10337374196&hsa_acc=2055108595&hsa_tgt=kwd-300656282819&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_kw=seura+outdoor+tv&hsa_mt=e&gclid=Cj0KCQiAt8WOBhDbARIsANQLp97OIG2dJYQI7o1LyV5BM3Oe3LCBNpksV2tOczS5QoXArp7zHnCBafAaAsvfEALw_wcB

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, rplace said:

Sorry, no.

But I'm on my 3rd blistering summer (house faces south) and winter (complete with snow) and my Seura 65" 4K is going strong. Zero regrets even considering the silly, high price. It is a true dream to view/use. Y

I agree that there is no comparison with a real, true, outdoor rated/designed TV is terms of the picture quality.  We have the Sunbrite at another home that is in full shade, that was before Samsung started making one. 

The sun will never his this location directly, but it will be much brighter during certain times during the day. I have also heard good things about the Seura brand, I will give them a look.

Thanks for the link.

Travis

• Like 2

Mine is under a 2nd floor deck. So no direct sunlight. It is the "cheaper" shade version. In that location a standard TV with sunglasses still was a no-go. Guess it all depends on location. I tried for a week to make a sub-$1,000 indoor TV work. I can blast this with a garden hose from all directions and leave it out 365, zero problems.

Good luck. Let's see pix when done.